Re: [diatom_forum] Diatoms of the Arid Southwest

  • Rob Kimmich
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 29 5:59 PM
      Andy, I put in some HCl, too. I will have to look for your brand of H2O2. Way cheaper than the health food stuff and I don't know if "food grade" is any different or just a reason to raise the price. -Rob

      On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Andy Potter <commando71@...> wrote:

      I'm using 30% H2O2 that I purchased from Sally Beauty Supply. It was around $5 for 1 Liter.

      I boil for a few hours, the add a few drops of HCL (from Home Depot) to get rid of carbonates.

      Message 38 of 38 , May 2, 2012
        Rob,

        A very stimulating post!  I think your list of "questions" is excellent -- I'm sure each of us would offer different answers, but I also think that we each need to consider such questions.

        Thanks much,

        Dick