Re: [diatom_forum] Diatoms of the Arid Southwest

  • David Richman
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 29 5:21 PM
      Andy,

      This is almost certainly Terpsinoe musica.  Which sample was it in?

      Dave

      On Apr 29, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Andy Potter wrote:

      Hi Dave-

      I have seen some interesting species in the samples so far. Among them, Terpsinoe sp. which I've not previously encountered. I think with some of the literature  you have I may be able to make some progress with identification this summer on the West Texas sample set. I can do some photography at the Confocal Lab at New Mexico State University.

      I'm interested in any diatom resources that you will be getting rid of once you make your decision. I plan on continuing diatom work here in the Southwest.

      I'm attaching a photo I took of the Terpsinoe from one of the recent samples.

      -Andy

      Message 38 of 38 , May 2, 2012
        Rob,

        A very stimulating post!  I think your list of "questions" is excellent -- I'm sure each of us would offer different answers, but I also think that we each need to consider such questions.

        Thanks much,

        Dick