Re: Gomphonema truncatum

  • Keith Shaw
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 25 6:57 AM
      Hi Charles,

      There is a valve-girdle composite image for G. truncatum in my Photos folder (New) - labeled as Baldpate Pond August 2011.
      However, for the girdle view the frustule is somewhat tilted in the water column under the coverslip. Sometimes they pose and other times...

      I'll go through my most recent images from Kingfisher Pond and post some more views, including a 'live' specimen.

      I really appreciate the quality of your images!
      It's another incentive to get some Kingfisher Pond material out to you as there are plenty of Gomphonema specimens to study. Just as soon as I receive tubes (15mL capped centrifuge tubes) this material will be on its way to you and other members that have shown an interest.

      Best,
      Keith

      "charles" wrote:
      <SNIP>
      > I would be interested in seeing a picture
      > from anyone of a living Gomphonema and or
      > a frustule in girdle view.
      <SNIP>
    • Richard Carter
      Message 38 of 38 , May 2, 2012
        Rob,

        A very stimulating post!  I think your list of "questions" is excellent -- I'm sure each of us would offer different answers, but I also think that we each need to consider such questions.

        Thanks much,

        Dick