Re: [diatom_forum] some live material from the epipelion

  • charles suslavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18 10:21 PM

      Hi Rob,

      Nice pictures, you may encourage me to do more work with living diatoms.

      Charles

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19 12:10 AM
        Superb photos, Rob!  Thanks for sharing them!!

        Dick

        An image by Charles S. of Cymatopleura solea encouraged me to hunt for some in a pond here and I've uploaded a composite. From the same muddy area came what looks like Surirella robusta and a Stephanodiscus with the organic threads Round (1990) mentioned in their genus description.

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19 12:00 PM
          Dick and Charles,

          Thanks for the kind words and encouragement to keep on.

          -Rob

          --- In diatom_forum@yahoogroups.com, charles suslavage <suslavage@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rob,
          > Nice pictures, you may encourage me to do more work with living diatoms.
          > Charles

        • Keith Shaw
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20 3:23 PM
            Hi Rob,

            Very nice photos of 'living' specimens!
            I still very much enjoy chasing these little blighters around in a simple water mount.
            Hopefully I'll have a litle more time again for this particular hobby...

            Best regards,
            Keith