RE: [diabetesinsipidus] Digest Number 141

  • Kathryn Skelsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 5:38 PM
      Dear Jody

      Here are a couple of sites I noticed that may help you. Please let me know
      if they are of any assistance. The Shopfast site may be limited in its
      usefulness to you by the fact that it is Australia-based, but may give you
      some ideas.

      Also can I get details about your "Endless Water" newsletter? I am the
      editor for the newsletter for the Australian Pituitary Foundation and am
      always interested in letting our members know of any other resources that
      are available to them.

      http://www.shopfast.com.au/foodinfo.asp

      Recipe Calc
      Analyze recipes, meals, and daily intake for nutritional value. This
      program calculates total calories, calories from fat, percent of
      calories from fat, fat grams, saturated fat, cholesterol,
      carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, and protein. Display the information in
      the familiar Nutrition Facts label format. Included is a database of
      over 3000 of the most common ingredients; you can easily add
      ingredients to the database as well.
      http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description.asp?fid=7696

      Regards
      Kathryn Skelsey
      _______________
      NSW Secretary
      Australian Pituitary Foundation
      PO Box 327
      Allawah NSW 2218
      Ph: 61-2-9580-6050
      Fax: 61-2-9585-2642
      Mob: 0408-912-248

      From: elison@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:11:15 -0000
      From: elison@...
      Subject: Wanted!

      Hello everyone. Up until now, I've ignored (more or less) the sodium
      content in foods my son (who has NDI) was eating, on the grounds that
      he wasn't eating enough to make a difference. Well, now he's eating
      very well (he's 3 1/2 years old) and the high-sodium diet is clearly
      making a difference in his water intake and urine output! We're in the
      process of limiting and lowering the sodium in the foods he eats.

      What are your suggestions for the lowest sodium brands of hotdogs--the
      lowest I've found is an astounding 500+ mg sodium per serving! And
      chicken nuggets (200+ mg sodium/serving).

      I'm looking for someone to write a food column on low sodium cooking
      and foods for Endless Water. The column would be quarterly (as is
      Endless Water), and would run about 325 words. Anyone interested?
      Email me if you are! I really need help with Endless Water.

      I'm also looking for your stories for Endless Water. We're running
      out! What experiences have you or your sons or brothers had to deal
      with? What have you learned along the way?

      Again--email me at elison@... if you're interested in writing for
      Endless Water. BTW, the "spring" issue will be mailed soon, to be
      followed by the summer issue shortly thereafter.

      Thanks!
      Jody
    • Aisha Elderwyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14 7:15 PM
        Dear Kathryn,

        > Also can I get details about your "Endless Water" newsletter? I am
        the editor for the newsletter for the Australian Pituitary Foundation
        and am always interested in letting our members know of any other
        resources that are available to them.

        Hi there! There is a lady in QLD who has no support. Her son has DI.
        I know in Australia we don't have a DI Foundation, so I was wondering
        if the APF that you run includes parents of children with DI? Or if
        you know of an organisation that I can refer this lady onto? Your
        help is most appreciated.

        Thank you!

        Aisha.