Re: [diabetesinsipidus] swelling

  • Merry Macpherson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 8:48 AM
      I haven't really experienced the swelling... I eat plenty of salt too.

      Are you swelling (or swelling worse) on the DDAVP?

      Does anyone experience this: When I take the DDAVP at night, I sleep very
      soundly and wake up very groggy, hard to talk, hard to open my eyes and
      might be a little swollen too.

      It is rare for me to take the DDAVP, in fact I am at my 8th month of
      pregnancy and some nights I seem to be using the bathroom less. Normally in
      the winter I'll make myself sick drinking so much water and still not
      feeling satisfied, my stomach will be absolutely as full as it can get and
      I'll still want more. Fortunately it doesn't take long to leave my stomach
      so I can drink more. Haven't experienced that this winter though. I thought
      it was weird it happened in the winter, but I realized this year that our
      air was too dry. I bought a small humidifier that made me more comfortable.
      My nose was getting too dry and I was getting nosebleeds. I guess the
      dryness made me thirsty before.

      -Merry

      I have a lot of swelling, too. I think it has a lot to do with how much
      salt I've consumed recently....it's retaining all that water....I can put on
      5-8 lbs overnight and wake up all swollen.

      deb

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 8:22 PM
        I'm not losing any of this excess fluid. I'm on one spray per day of
        DDAVP and I'm drinking about 1/2 gallon a day. Before DDAVP I drank
        around 2 - 21/2 gals. per day. I've been on the med. for 1 month.
        I'm just wondering if it will ever go away. Bet
      • Aisha Elderwyn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 10:05 PM
          Bet,

          Did you get the swelling before you started on the DDAVP?

          I'm not on any meds as I'm polydipsic, but still get the swelling also. Especially in hands and feet and ankles.

          Have no advice to offer other then if you did not used to swell up before taking the DDAVP then you might want to talk about it with your Dr.

          Take care!

          ¸..· ´¨¨))  -:¦:-
                   ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
                 ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:- Aisha
               -:¦:-    ((¸¸.·´

          Don't let the odds scare you from even trying.
          - Howard Schultz

          Aisha Elderwyn
          Email: aisha@...
          ICQ: #55461955