RE: [diabetesinsipidus] DI and thyroid function

  • Minviluz Pasajol
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
      Many thanks! The information will definitely help us...

      Minvi

      Merry M <masmiseim666@...> wrote:
      I'm not aware of DI affecting any other hormones. If your mother has DI
      because of something else that affected her pituitary gland (tumor, head
      injury, etc) then maybe there are other hormones that would need replacing.

      But I do understand what you're asking... I've often wondered if my DI
      (genetic in my family) might be behind other things.

      You might want to make sure your mother is getting her bones checked out,
      there does seem to be a link between DI and osteoporosis which needs
      treatment to prevent (since simply replacing the hormone does not seem to
      help). As soon as I read about this a couple years ago I let my mother know
      since she's in her early 50's. Here's one study done:

      http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/7/2349

      Notice under Results there are thyroid-related hormones listed and it says
      they were all normal before and after treatment.

      Community email addresses:
        Post message: diabetesinsipidus@onelist.com
        Subscribe:    diabetesinsipidus-subscribe@onelist.com

      Shortcut URL to this page: