Is there a link to sugar diabetes?

  • JodiRussell@cox.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      I'm wondering if there is a correlation between DI and sugar diabetes?  Will my son need to be monitored for developing sugar diabetes since he has DI?  Is it common to have both?

      Thanks!!!
      Jodi
      Mom of Cole, age 2, diagnosed with DI in March 2005

    • Mark and Amy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        DI and diabetes mellitus are two different things. DI is associated with the hormone vassopressin and sugar diabetes deals with insulin. There is no corrolation between the two
                               Amy
        Wife to wonderful husband Mark and mommy to Tyler (11), Kaylee (8), Spencer (7) and Chance (19 months, PACC,SOD,ONH,DI,hypothyroid,GHD, and now adrenal insufficient)

        Chance's Webpage
        www.tknbychance.com

        A special child is not a curse, but a gift ... a gift which challenges us to respond with enormous energy and dedication. Finding a way to help that child, to be there in the most loving, supportive and facilitating way possible is, in effect, learning to express the most powerful and humane part of ourselves. Such a process is a daily, moment-to-moment treasure for all of us.
        I'm wondering if there is a correlation between DI and sugar diabetes?  Will my son need to be monitored for developing sugar diabetes since he has DI?  Is it common to have both?

        Thanks!!!
        Jodi
        Mom of Cole, age 2, diagnosed with DI in March 2005

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: diabetesinsipidus@onelist.com
          Subscribe:    diabetesinsipidus-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page: