Questions, feel awful

  • canasa@conwaycorp.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2005
      I have a very long story... I have had 4 operations in 13 months and
      still feel bad.

      Disc operation Dec/03 Discectomy
      Breast Surgery June/04 Benign lump had to be removed
      Adrenal Surgery Oct/04 Diagnoses with Cushing's syndrome
      Thyroid Surgery Jan/05 Folicular lesion removed and left thryoid
      taken out.

      Okay, If I drink I pee, and I can pee up to 4-5 times in an hour. I
      don't get too thirsty but crave something, I don't know what it is.

      I get these internal jitters, my head is foggy, and I just feel odd.
      I get tension, and my sodium has been known to be low on labs in the
      past with NO answers. I ended up going to ER today because I just
      couldn't take it anymore.. AND NO it is NOT anxiety, tried A LOT of
      anti-anxiety drugs and this weekend took xanax and it wouldn't touch
      the jitters, I felt so tired but the jitters kept me awake. My
      sodium was back inline so I was happy!

      Someone tonight on our cushing's chat said, "Canasa, have you been
      checked for DI?" Apparently A lot of cushing's patients have this.

      I understand the symptoms are thirst and peeing. I don't know if I
      have just shut down the thirst part because I hate peeing? I know
      if I drink water it goes right through me. It is tottaly like peeing
      water. I wake up a couple times in the night so I stopped taking in
      liquids, but I still wake up to pee.

      I feel very tense right now.. the tension seems to radiate accross
      my chest.. NO it is not chest pains... just tension... tightness.

      Anyhow, does this sound at all familiar?

      I have had a LOT of problems with fluid balance.. prior to cushings
      I was retaining fluid if I ate a small bag of chips I would swell
      up...now I can't seem to get enough salt, and I don't swell up.

      Any ideas?

      Canasa
    • Nina Clock
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
        Canasa,
        You must feel lost with all your syptoms and no
        answers. I know that when the thyroid is overactive,
        it can cause jitters. You mentioned you had part of
        the tyroid removed, but no mention if you were taking
        synthroid, a thyroid replacement. I learned yesterday
        from my doc that there are three components to the
        thyroid, so just having the TSH tested is not enough.
        You need to get them all tested.

        I have DI and take a drug called DDAVP that is
        absorbed through my mucous membranes approx. 2X a day.
        When not medicated, I pee every 10 minutes and the
        liquids run through me and come out clear and
        sometimes cold since they don't stay in my body.

        The cravings could be your body telling you that you
        that it is potassium and electrolyte deficient, and if
        you're peeing so much, my guess is you have lost all
        those components that help keep you in balance and
        your brain funcitioning clear. Try taking in juices
        and fruits that will help get you back in balance. I
        have gotten so out of balance to the point I have
        experienced siezures, which are due to the loss of
        electrolytes.

        When dehydrated, I get listless, tired, cranky, weak
        and feel spaced out and can't think straight.

        Good luck on your diagnosis and I do hope it comes
        soon!
        - Nina

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • canasa@conwaycorp.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2005
          Yes, I have had my t3 and t4's checked. My TSH is doing some funky
          stuff as of late, and we are just waiting for it to settle down. It
          was climbing, but now is going back down on it's own. 1.7 was my
          last reading on that and my Endo now just drew more blood and I am
          sure he will be looking at that, I hope, *smile*, he drew 6 viles
          the other day... *EEEEK*

          My electrolyes have been watched closely because my sodium would
          drop. I KNOW that feeling all too well and this brain fog, and
          anxiety feeling is nothing like THAT one. Sodium is just starting
          to stay incheck as of the last month or so.

          I just did a 24 hour urine to test my cortisol, to make sure I am
          not making too much cortisol again, and I filled the jug but didn't
          drink THAT much water. It is about a 2 liter jug, (I think) anyhow
          I filled it to just over the 2550ml mark. Or about 2.55 liters, so I
          don't know if this is bad or not.

          I am hoping things will settle down here. My body has been through
          so much trauma, and I think with the right natural therapies and
          good food and rest I will get there.

          Thanks so much for your reply.

          Canasa
          --- In diabetesinsipidus@yahoogroups.com, Nina Clock