new here 2 for diabetes

  • Fidgit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
      hi there..I joined this list for a specific reason...

      Please I urge you to read the ENTIRE POST before jumping to any conclusions.I
      assure you this is 100% legitimate. feel free to email me direct with any
      questions at fidgit@... feel free to check out the site and see what I
      am talking about
      www.diabetes.org clickon lower right corner TEAM DIABETES then click on Kona.

      I hope you find it in your heart to help me on this plight. here is my post
      that I am placing anywhere I think it may do some good....
      Lori single mom to HayLee

      I have just signed on with the AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION for Team
      Diabetes, a walk in June 2001. It is a 13 mile marathon in Kona, Hawaii. I
      need to raise $4500.00 by May in order to go and bring my toddler too. (quite
      the world traveller she will be!)
      Anyway, I am literally scrambling with everyone I have ever come in contact
      with, ever had a post with, etc...and asking for $2.00. That's two dollars.
      Four cups of coffee.
      I am hoping that isn't too much of a burden and that way if I get enough
      people to do that, my donation goal will be reached. Of course more than two
      dollars won't be turned away either! :) Everyone knows someone affected by
      this disease, and I am hoping these small donations will add up to one large
      one that I can present to the american diabetes association with great pride.
      I walk locally all the time, but the donations that way are on a much
      smaller scale. This will be one of the biggest accomplishments of my life!
      Please call toll free and
      confirm the facts
      1-888-342-2383 (thats 1-888-DIABETES) or www.diabetes.org

      checks or money orders written out to AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION (that
      is very important to know, I cannot cash any of it myself)
      can be mailed to:

      Lori Karz
      po box 855
      tenafly, NJ 07670

      you can also call me if you like.... 1-800-222-6000 mailbox number 7775674

      or email me at fidgit@... and I'll tell you more about it.

      Thank you so much in advance!

      Oh yeah, please also forward this to everyone you know. thanks!
    • Merry Macpherson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
        That's a nice cause and all, I suppose, but as you probably don't know,
        doesn't have anything to do with Diabetes Insipidus.

        Yes I know someone with Diabetes, but as far as causes to donate to, I'd
        rather donate to animal welfare (far too many shelters operating with next
        to zero funds!)

        On a different note... I'm 4 months pregnant and DI can be a pain in the
        butt! I can go to the bathroom, walk to the kitchen and get a drink, and
        walk back to the bathroom and pee again. Ugh! I asked my OB/GYN for a
        prescription for DDAVP after being assured with my last pregnancy that it
        was okay to take, and this OB/GYN says they are worried about it causing
        blood clots. SO I have to go to another endocrinologist (I really REALLY
        hate going to them! Their offices are way too busy, and coupled with my
        OB/GYN appointments, too many needles for my liking!)

        How's little Joelle doing? I am hoping that "no news is good news" and all
        is well. Let us know if something is working to help her feel better!

        -Merry

        *****

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Daryl J. Rue
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
          Merry,

          Thanks for asking. Joelle went through a really bad bout about a week and a
          half ago, were she was no stop seizures, where she would just up and shoot
          to the ground. She had 6 stitches in her head. All from water balance.
          Only 18 oz in and 26, and 28 for three day span. We are now forcing at
          least 32 in each day, and since things have been pretty good. We still use
          DDAVP, but have not for the last few nights. We are going to start up again
          tonight, she peed out a ton the last two nights, but we did not get accurate
          #'s since she peed her pants 2 days in a row at school. Remember she
          retains water during the day, so we have been giving lasix 1/2 to 1/3 tablet
          in the am to help prevent daytime bloating. We found out her adrenals are
          very weak so we are working on that next.

          Take Care,

          Daryl Rue
          Father to Joelle Rue 6yrs

[...]

          Community email addresses: