Song of the Day #934: nee oru ragamalikai from peN onRu kaNdEn.

  • Balaji Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2008
      Song of the Day: nee oru ragamalikai from peN onRu kaNdEn.

      http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/934.html

      <http://www.dhool.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://www.dhool.com/sotd/93
      4.rm> Listen

      - Udhaya writes:

      Song: nee oru rAgamALigai
      Film: PeN OnRu KaNdEn
      Singer: SPB
      MD: MSV
      Lyrics: KaNNadhAsan?

      This is a seminal song in the legendary collaboration of MSV and SPB.
      Debates might ensue on whether this is a genuine raagamaaLigai, I will
      let the pundits sort it out, but what gets me every time is the shift in
      the sandham to an even better melody, music, and singing, and the
      inventive way the raagam names have been couched in the song (my
      favorite is "aarabimaanamum thevaiyillai" for aarabi). If this is a
      familiar favorite let this rekindle your love for this song. However, if
      you haven't heard this song before, you're in for a definite thrill and
      have added a gem to your permanent collection.

      Tags: <http://www.dhool.com/search/sotdsearch.php?comp=M.S.Viswanathan>
      M.S.Viswanathan ,
      <http://www.dhool.com/search/sotdsearch.php?singer=S.P.B> S.P.B