Song of the Day #589: ini naanum from Hey nee romba azhagaa irukkE.

  • Balaji Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Song of the Day: ini naanum from Hey nee romba azhagaa irukkE.

      http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/589.html

      - Udhaya writes:

      "ini naanum naan illai" from "Hey, Nee Romba AzhagA irukkE". Sung with
      Sujatha and MD-ed by Srinivas. Nothing in Srinivas' repertoire so far
      prepared us for such a dreamy, hip melody. The simple rhythm hooks
      undulate us in an intimate dance while the flute and electronica swarm
      the air without fuss or inhibition. Srinivas tears himself away from any
      mallu or Hariharan associations as a singer here.

      Furthermore, he shows such a deft touch in his maiden movie soundtrack
      (as an MD) that I wish for more from him in this vein, especially as an
      MD. This modern groove rocks on and can easily wipe out the Britneys,
      the Ushers, and pushers of the west, if only Srinivas looked good with
      sweat-addled attitude, tight jeans, tattoos and an exposed belly button,
      then again, we would lose him wouldn't we?

      The lyrics are full of cute-nothing gushes of love, at least they don't
      irritate or repulse which is saying a lot these days.

      - Lyrics by Thamarai.