Song of the Day #243: pon enbathO poo enbathO from annap paravai

  • Balaji Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2003
      Song of the Day: pon enbathO poo enbathO from annap paravai.

      http://www.tfmpage.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://www.dhool.com/sotd/ponenbatho.rm

      - A very rare SPB song to get into the weekend. I discovered this song for the first time today,
      and have been playing it again and again for a while now. SPB has sung this well, check out the
      starting which gives a feeling of a PBS/Ghantasala song. The song has good sitar interludes too.

      - I have no idea about the music director (sounds like xxx-nnu pOttaa adi vizhum :) ), or the
      movie. I could not find any discussion on this song at all at tfmpage or elsewhere! I guess this
      is a non-IR song of late 70s.

      =====
      Visit http://www.tfmpage.com/ and http://www.dhool.com/ for Tamil Film Music.
      Go through the Song Of The Day archive for beautiful, melodious and rare songs: http://www.dhool.com/sotd_archive.html