"It (RISGO) was truly a life-changing experience" - Kate Broekman

  • Chaminda Somathilaka
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24 9:01 PM

      Kate Broekman, a Lone Venturer from NSW who attended the Rajans International Scout Gathering of Centennial Jamboree in Sri Lanka was a guest speaker
      On Saturday evening we were hosted to dinner by the High Commissioner for Sri Lanka, His Excellency Admiral Thisara Samarasinghe, RSP, VSV, USP. Kate Broekman, a Lone Venturer from NSW, who was a youth member with the Australian Contingent to the Rajans International Scout Gathering of Centennial Jamboree in Sri Lanka earlier this year, was the guest speaker. Kate spoke very enthusiastically about her experiences at the Jamboree "It was such a wonderful opportunity, I feel so honoured to have been selected to receive this trip of a lifetime, 'Towards Youth Leadership'. It was truly a life-changing experience; I loved every second of it! Although language or culture may have been different, I found that we all had something universal and something in common…Scouting, which made us all the same, with a common bond, something that went beyond the spoken word! "

      full text : http://www.scouts.com.au/newsletter.asp?BulletinStory=27102729