Its wasn't a rosy path, 34 years of hard work

  • Chaminda Somathilaka
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2012
      Today we at Old Rajans Scout Association marks 34 years teamwork (12th November 2012).

      As many of our members and well wishers know, it wasn't a rosy path that we did ride all these years to being a one team that works towards a common goals of,
      • helping 1st Kandy Scout Group to enhance quality of scouting,
      • enhance and maintain the Lake View Park International Scout Centre and
      • bringing all the Old Scout together to a common forum.

      We were the first in Sri Lanka to form a such team and today we are proud to be the first and continues. Any of the work we did we tried to be the best among others. We succeeded on many occasions, but there were times we weren't.

      We started 33rd year with the loss of our first Treasure, Mr. V.K. Angammana and ended the year with loss of our first President Mr. Saliya Rajakaruna. Yes, these were great losses to us. We will not be able to fill these losses ever, but  we are prepared ("Be prepared" as BP wanted us to be) to take on any challenge.

      In 34 years of history, for us the next year will be the most challenging year as we are gathering to celebrate 100 years of scouting excellence at 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group.

      We feel we are now better equipped with all the armory to conquer any challenges that will come our way.

      Today we thank all our members and well wishes who were being with us in our good times as well as bad times. We all together formulate a such a powerful team that will serve scouting community not only at Dharamaraja but also all around the globe.

      We invite all others who want to join us to work towards our common goals, come and team up with us to provide the service that community needs.

      Bravo !!!

      http://news.oldrajansscouts.org/2012/11/its-wasnt-rosy-path-34-years-of-hard.html