ORSA Website

  • shamila ratnayake
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
      Hi All,

      It seems ORSA website is out of action. So many time I tried but failed to visit the site. One of my colleague is an Australian scout leader and I wanted to show him the site. He was interested on my stories but unfortunately I couldn't show him more. I appreciate if someone can fix the site.

      Thanking you.

      Kind Regards,
      Shamila Ratnayake.

      To: dharmaraja_scouts@yahoogroups.com
      From: chandana_bu@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:16:57 +0000
      Subject: [dharmaraja_scouts] The Inaugural meeting of the Colombo branch of the ORSA

      Hi All,

      The Inaugural meeting of the Colombo branch of the Old Rajans Scout Association will be held at the coming Tuesday.

      Colombo branch of the ORSA is going to be establishing according to the initial discussion that we had on last Colombo Old Rajans scout gathering at the National Scout Headquarters.

      Date: Tuesday 2nd December
      Time: From 6.30pm onwards
      Venue: Sugathadasa Sports Hotel, Sirimawo Bandaranayake Mw,             Colombo 14.

      ORSA kindly welcome all the past Rajans Scouts around Colombo, to join in this special event.

      Get your preferred Email name!
      Now you can @... and @rocketmail. com.

      Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!
    • chaminda somathilaka
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        Hi Shamila Malli,

        Hope u r doing good in down under.

        It’s good that you noticed that our web is out of date.
        The real reason behind for that is one of consequence of that there is no real input from our old scouts who have passed out from the college recently (I would say within last 10 to 12 years). There are very few number of members or non-member old scouts who are actively contributing to activities done by Old Scout or the college.

        We all know that there is big event coming up at the end of this month, the Ransai 2008 to celebrate 95th Anniversary of scouting at Dharmaraja. To make it a success we need you all to come up and get together around the Old scout and help who are actively contributing. We know that everybody can't physically be present at all these events. But you all can make some contribution in terms of funds or goods or equipments. The organizing committee is in a real starvation of resource.

        If you all around the world can make a contribution to this event please contact Suminda Withanaarachchi ayya or else just send a email to this group so that I can direct to him.

        Thanks,
        SOMé

        > It seems ORSA website is out of action. So many time I
        > tried but failed to visit the site. One of my colleague is
        > an Australian scout leader and I wanted to show him the
        > site. He was interested on my stories but unfortunately I
        > couldn't show him more. I appreciate if someone can fix
        > the site.
        >
        > Thanking you.
        >

        > Kind Regards,
        > Shamila Ratnayake.
        >

        > To: dharmaraja_scouts@yahoogroups.com
        > From: chandana_bu@...
        > Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:16:57 +0000
        > Subject: [dharmaraja_scouts] The Inaugural meeting of the
        > Colombo branch of the ORSA

        > Hi All, The Inaugural meeting of the
        > Colombo branch of the Old Rajans Scout Association will be
        > held at the coming Tuesday. Colombo branch of the ORSA
        > is going to be establishing according to the initial
        > discussion that we had on last Colombo Old Rajans scout
        > gathering at the National Scout Headquarters. Date:
        > Tuesday 2nd December Time: From 6.30pm onwards Venue:
        > Sugathadasa Sports Hotel, Sirimawo Bandaranayake Mw,
        > Colombo 14. ORSA kindly welcome all the past Rajans
        > Scouts around Colombo, to join in this special event.
        >

        > Get your preferred Email name!
        >
        > Now you can @... and @....

        > It's simple! Sell your car for just $40 at
        > CarPoint.com.au
        > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
      • shamila ratnayake
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008

          Hi Aiya,

          Yes, I’m doing well. Thanks for the reply.

          I really meant by out of action is I can’t visit the ORSA official website. It is re-directing to another page. I wanted to tell the DRCK scouting history and current activities to one of my colleague and I thought it would be nice if I can show him the website. Could you please check the website if you can. Probably I will be able to send his scout group to Sri Lanka in the future. However, I completely agree to the points you made on your email. I'll see what I can do.

          Bye for now.

          Shamila.

          Kind Regards,
          Shamila Ratnayake.