21st World Scout Jamboree. Hundred Years of Scouting

  • ABCD
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2007
      Dear Friends

      21st World Scout Jamboree.

      The Commissioner for Kandy District Scouts association Mr. Sarath
      Matharaarachchi and 27 young enthusiastic scouts from Dharmaraja
      College Kandy has been selected to represent Sri Lanka in the 21st
      World scout Jamboree. 2007 is the centennial year of the founding of
      the Scouting movement in the world; theme of the jamboree will
      be "One World, One Promise. 21st World Scout Jamboree will be hosted
      by the Scout Association of the United Kingdom from July 27 until
      August 8, 2007. It will bring together 40,000 Scouts, Ventures,
      leaders, and staff for 10 to 14 days to the Highlands Park in
      Chelmsford Essex in the United Kingdom.
      Dharmaraja College will be represented by 27 scouts and by several
      officials many of them are old scouts brought up in the Hill capital
      from Dharmaraja College. Out of 127 students participating and
      representing Sri Lanka 27 scouts would be from the leading
      Dharmaraja scout troop.

      We wish the Sri Lankan Contingent, twenty seven strong contingent of
      the Dharmaraja Scouts troop and all the dedicated officials of the
      Sri Lanka Scout association, all the success in representing our
      country in the Centenary world scout Jamboree in the United Kingdom.

      Best Regards
      Dr. V W Jagath Vasanthathilaka
      Consultant Rheumatologist Kandy
    • rohitha dissanayake
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2007
        Congtratulations to all the scouts who have been
        selected to this wonderful event. Participating in
        this type of an event on the one hand is once in a
        lifetime experience and on the other hand will give
        them a real headway both in terms of their scouting
        life and personal life. These experiences will take
        you a long way when you take up challanges in their
        post schooling career. I can remember myself getting
        the extra consideration at interviews because of the
        fact that I participated in some overseas jumborees.

        Good luck and best wishes. Keep Sri Lanka and
        Dharmaraja flag flying high in the activities that you
        do.

        Best wishes to Mr. Sarath Matharaachchi and the other
        officials.

        Rohitha Dissanayake
        Melbourne, Australia

      • Geeth Daminda Uyanwatte
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2007
          I believe, this is a another remarkable achievements our group make since
          they won the best scouts flag from British Empire in 1917,18,19.

          "Have a safe and enjoyable journey to all participants."

          Geeth Uyanwatte.
          -Former Scout of 1 st Kandy-

        • ABCD
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
            Dear Friends
            Thank you very much indeed regarding your encouraging remarks, Scout
            troops and the officials representing Dharmaraja College are well
            trained, disciplined, well prepared and properly organized. They will
            definitely bring honor to Sri Lanka and Dharmaraja College as usual.
            Currently, the Floods situation is also subsiding in the United
            Kingdom. 21st World Scout Jamboree is expected to be a successful
            event for the scouts representing entire world.
            With Best Regards
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
              Re: 21st World Scout Jamboree. Hundred Years of Scouting;Dharmaraja
              scouts break Jamboree record

              Participants for the 21st world scout Jamboree to mark hundred years
              of scouting all over the world would include delegates from
              Dharmaraja College Kandy Sri Lanka, represented by Four Senior
              Officials and twenty Seven Scouts. The officials would be,
              Mr.Shantha K. M. Madurawe (National Training Commissioner), Mr.
              Sarath Mataraarachchi (Official), Mr.Sarath Kumarasinghe (Official),
              Mr.Ajith S. Jayasekera (I S O, Official), Mr. Kithsiri Kulasuriya
              (Official),

              Scouts from 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Troop Master.W.A.D.P.M.G.K.K.
              Wijayarathna, Master.W.K.P.R. Wijewantha,
              Master.V.W.D.S.Vasanthathilaka, Master.D.H.K.C. Madushanka,
              Master.C.J.S. Amaratunga, Master.H.N.B. Wimalasiri, Master.
              Master.H.E.M.I.W.C.B. Ekanayake, Master.G.G.N.M.L.C.K. Navaratna,
              Master.V.D.Kuruppuarachchi, Master.W.A.L.S. Weerasinghe,
              Master.S.M.T.K.B. Abeyratne, Master. B.K. Edirisooriya, Master.
              T.K.B. Master.Weeratunga, Master.D.R.B. Ranaweera. Master.
              P.W.E.I.D. Palipane, Master.N.C. Bokalawella, P.M. Master.Ruberu,
              Master.K.L.I.M.P.B. Jayaratne, Master. R.M.Y.L. Ratnayake,
              Master.A.R.C.V.T. Bandara, Master.A.N. Samarasinghe, Master.C.D.
              Mataraarachchi, Master.G.T. Welagedara, Master. B.S.N. Bandara,
              Master.B.G.A.K. Bodhimaluwa, Master.R.A. Kulatunga.

              Subject: Re: [dharmaraja_scouts] 21st World Scout Jamboree. Hundred
              Years

              Best Regards
              Dr. V W Jagath Vasanthathilaka
              Consultant Rheumatologist Kandy
            • Lalith Welamedage
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 28, 2007
                Dear All

                A quick e-mail to let you all know that BBC Sinhala Service has broadcast a special feature about the Jamboree in London including an interview with Mr. Shantha Madurawe in their daily news bulletin this afternoon (28th July) . In case if you have missed it, you can listen to it online but the audio clip will only be available until the next daily bulletin (Sunday 29th).

                Please checkout BBC Sandeshaya website.

                http://www.bbc.co.uk/sinhala/ and click on audio programmes.

                or

                http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/sinhala/meta/tx/sin1500?size=au&bgc=003399&lang=si&nbram=1&nbwm=1

[...]