“SA” Concert by Victor Rathnayke Presented by the Old Rajans Scout Association of Dharmaraja College, Kandy

  • Ruwan Abey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2006
       The SA Concert organized by the ORSA concluded very successfully on 4th March 2006 at the Dharmaraja College auditorium, Kandy.

      The SA concert a classical solo by veteran musician Victor Rathnayake is the first of its kind in Sri Lanka, and has been staged over 1300 times locally and internationally. Massive interest and participation was seen for the show since the theme concert was staged after a lapse of several years.

      The main objective of the show was to raise funds for the Lake View Park International Scout Centre Development fund, the official scout center of the 1st Kandy Dharmaraja college Scout Group. Further this event will be the first of long term series of events to mark the Dharmaraja Scouts 100th anniversary in year 2013.

      The organizer Old Rajans Scout Association is the alumni of Dharmaraja Scouts and the first ever Old Scout association formed in Sri Lanka which has been established in year 1978. The association has organized five international level scout activities during the period uplifting the reputation of the College scout group and  scouting in Sri Lanka.

      The 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group is one of the pioneers to introduce the scout movement to Sri Lanka in year 1913 and has been in operation continuously for 93 years. Present membership counts over 700 and they have been named the best scout group in Sri Lanka since 1993.

      The media sponsor for the show was ASURA FM (100.7 Colombo / 87.6Kandy) radio channel. The live recording of the show will be broadcasted on ASURA Fm on 26th March 2006 at 7.00pm.(You can listen to the web cast of the radio on same day at www.asurafm.com if you are residing overseas)

      The Old Rajans Scout Association of Dharmaraja College wishes to thank all the sponsors and well wishers for the support rendered towards the events success.

      (PS. you may visit www.orsa-news.blogspot.com to view the article with pictures and to read ORSA events)

      Ruwan Abeysekera
      Media Codinator – Sa Concert Project
      Old Rajans Scout Association,
      Lake View Park International Scout Centre,
      Dharmaraja College,
      Kandy,
      Sri Lanka.

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Geeth Daminda Uyanwatte
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
        Dear Ruwan ,

        if u have lalith pereras e -mail address please mail me.

        GEETH

        From: Ruwan Abey <ruwan500@...>
        >To: prefect_group <past_prefects_drck@yahoogroups.com>, scout Groups
        ><dharmaraja_scouts@yahoogroups.com>, 91_grp_mail
        ><91rajans@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [dharmaraja_scouts] �SA� Concert by Victor Rathnayke Presented by
        >the Old Rajans Scout Association of Dharmaraja College, Kandy
        >Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:11:26 -0800 (PST)
        >
        > The SA Concert organized by the ORSA concluded very successfully on 4th
        >March 2006 at the Dharmaraja College auditorium, Kandy.
        >
        > The SA concert a classical solo by veteran musician Victor Rathnayake is
        >the first of its kind in Sri Lanka, and has been staged over 1300 times
        >locally and internationally. Massive interest and participation was seen
        >for the show since the theme concert was staged after a lapse of several
        >years.
        >
        > The main objective of the show was to raise funds for the Lake View Park
        >International Scout Centre Development fund, the official scout center of
        >the 1st Kandy Dharmaraja college Scout Group. Further this event will be
        >the first of long term series of events to mark the Dharmaraja Scouts 100th
        >anniversary in year 2013.
        >
        > The organizer Old Rajans Scout Association is the alumni of Dharmaraja
        >Scouts and the first ever Old Scout association formed in Sri Lanka which
        >has been established in year 1978. The association has organized five
        >international level scout activities during the period uplifting the
        >reputation of the College scout group and scouting in Sri Lanka.
        >
        > The 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group is one of the pioneers to introduce
        >the scout movement to Sri Lanka in year 1913 and has been in operation
        >continuously for 93 years. Present membership counts over 700 and they have
        >been named the best scout group in Sri Lanka since 1993.
        >
        > The media sponsor for the show was ASURA FM (100.7 Colombo / 87.6Kandy)
        >radio channel. The live recording of the show will be broadcasted on ASURA
        >Fm on 26th March 2006 at 7.00pm.(You can listen to the web cast of the
        >radio on same day at www.asurafm.com if you are residing overseas)
        >
        > The Old Rajans Scout Association of Dharmaraja College wishes to thank
        >all the sponsors and well wishers for the support rendered towards the
        >events success.
        >
        > (PS. you may visit www.orsa-news.blogspot.com to view the article with
        >pictures and to read ORSA events)
        >
        > Ruwan Abeysekera
        > Media Codinator � Sa Concert Project
        > Old Rajans Scout Association,
        > Lake View Park International Scout Centre,
        > Dharmaraja College,
        > Kandy,
        > Sri Lanka.

        > Yahoo! Mail

      • Ruwan Abey
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2006
          Dear Uyanwatte Aiya,

          I got u r mail to be delivered to Jagath Aiya. Please accept my heartiest appreciations for initiating such a project.

          here are the emails
          Lalith Perera

          Jungle Perera the younger one

          Ruwan