Hello Ruwan

  • H PERERA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hello Ruwan
      Thanks you very much for the tons of pictures. I really couldn't make out most of these but the scenes are very familiar. The pandol must be at the summit that is at very top of the senior dormetry. I think it can be seen from the Kandy lake walk about.
      Then adventure photo looks like with the junior or senior hostel in the foreground.
      View 3 is definetly with the Kandy lake at the far distant with Matale beautiful hills.
      View 4 is not identified.
      View 2 must be from the summit, looking at the buildings on the bank of Kandy lake.
      Then this person Ajith Jayasekera? So he is a Dharmaraja fellow?
      I saw your photo in the previous one.
      I must say thank you very  much for your effort. I must be the only person from here came to your scout group? Remember there are hundreds of them here, they even have Old Dharmaraja OBA. I know Ananda and Nalanda are highly organised and also St Peters. One group from North America said they are the Old Girls of Mahamaya Kandy. I am sure they are fake. They didn't even reply. I'll send the link for them.
      In the good old days we had a good time, within our limits. Going for Inter School cricket matches is a great time. With the scouts, I have been camping with them to Mirigama and stayed for week or so. Then they had a jambaree at the Bogambora grounds, I wasn't there but we all went to see our boys. Then went for a few adventures, walking through country lanes, then even crossing a river in a boat. I only had a few badges, not any prominent person but took it very actively. When I went for cadeting then one day at the shooting, I fired before we were told. We had to lie down on the grounds and aim and shoot. The trigger pulled too soon before the command then the cadet master's boot was on my back. After that I gradually dropped out perposely. My mate became the island best shooter, one Illangakoon. His brother was a journalist at the lake, he must be there even now.
      So let me sign off now and get back sometime later. Thanks again for these beautiful pictures.
      Good luck to Scouts group.
      Bye
      Dr Hector Perera