Hello Scouts

  • H PERERA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2005
      Hi
      Thank you for giving me an opportunity to write to this scouts group. I must say I really value the time I spend at Dharmaraja College. I have a bit to say, may I take the time to send them as time permits.
      If you really want to see the upcountry beauty, all you have to go as far as the summit where there is the buddhist shrine as well. I belive it is still there. The place I am talking is just a few yards from the senior dormetry. I can remember a few names, EAGLES SQUADREN, DESPERADO that's all.
      When you go to the summit you will see whole of Kandy and beyond. The senic beauty is indiscriberble in words.
      On one die you see Knady Dalada Maligawa, Kandy lake, Queen's hotel, Uduwatta Kele, Hill Wood Girls and Mahamaya Girl's School, a small botanical garden [name cannot be remembered], hanthana hills standing up like giants.
      On one other side you can see, Kundasale farm and campus, river mahaweli winding up and try to hide away like an upcountry UDARA MENIKE. As I began, I mentioned that one cannot finish describing the beauty. If you look very carfully you would see a huge rock in the distant hills of MATALE, it looks like a KULLA [rice kulla]. My dad used to live and work in a rural government hospital near MATALAE and I could see that rock from this hospital bunglaw. When I go from Dharmaraja for the vaction, I tell my dad, I could see this rock from my College and from College, I see that rock and say, I could see that from our house. I am sure this rock is there forever. I go to the summit and look at the rock when I feel HOME SICK. I am sure I saw this rock even from the hostel area as well.
      I was too young to understand that my dad married to his job than to my mum. They were government servents, they had to work wherever the job was. My mum was a school headmistress and she comes and visited me with my sisters but I must say I didn't understand that time what's my FAMILY WAS. I thought about it when I was there and even now I think about the past.
      I always wanted to write something and put on the news board or write to SINHALA MAGAZINES and see it published but I never got any published. I have to understand, I am not a good writer or the world is too competetive. Never mind, I have achieved something in my education and all that thanks to DHARMARAJA COLLEGE.
      Please say hello to all scouts. I look forward to write more but bye for now.
      Dr Hector Perera but I was popularly known as WICKRAMARATNE.