804J. H. DE SARAM MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND

  • Chaminda Somathilaka
    Jul 11, 2013

      An exciting event of the Centenary Celebrations of 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group

      Now in existence for over 35 years, Old Rajans Scout Association (ORSA) continues to strive to expand its programs and offerings to the Dharmaraja College, Kandy. On the invitation of ORSA Mr. John Henry de Saram’s son Mr. John Henricus de Saram  agreed to support in one or more of the many exciting events that we are offering Centenary Year and experience firsthand the pride we take in supporting our cause.

      It is our mission to “Towards Global Leadership”. In order to meet our mission and provide services in our movement, we rely on the generosity of our founder Mr. John Henry de Saram’s family for support.
      Mr. John Henricus de Saram made a contribution of SLR 150,000.00 to start the John Henry de Saram Memorial Scholarship Fund by allowing us to continue in our work.

      Statue of late Mr. J.H. De Saram founder of Dharmarja Scouting, unveiled at RISGO 2013

      Purpose:

      The John Henry De Saram Memorial Scholarship Fund is to be established in memory of late J. H. de Saram (founder of Dharmaraja Scouting) to assist President Scout Badge winners in completing their education at Dharmaraja College, Kandy.

      Sponsors:

      The J. H. De Saram Memorial Scholarship Fund is created with SLR 150,000.00 in the 2013 and is continue to be sustained through the generosity of John Henricus de Saram’s family.

      Recognition:

      Scholarship range from SLR 10,000.00. (These are one time awards) Scholarship winners are recognized at the annual prize giving ceremony.

      Eligibility:

      The applicants must fulfill each of the following requirements to be considered eligible:

      1.  Dharmaraja College Students aged below 20 years.
      2.  Have won a President Scout Badge representing 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group.
      3. Have gained highest marks at the GCE Advanced Level examination for university entrance among the President Scout Badge winners in any stream.

      Selection Committee:

      Appointed by the Principal, Dharmaraja College, Kandy.

      This inaugural J.H.De Saram Memorial Scholarship will be awarded at the 2013 Annual Prize Giving on the 12th of July, 2013.

      The project was initiated and driven by one of the pioneer members of ORSA Mr. Ananda Melpitya. ORSA extends it's sincere Thanks for Mr. Melpitiya.