Re: [dsg] Fwd: Mike: Hindrances and jhaana.

  • upasaka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
      Hi, Mike (and Nina) -

      In a message dated 6/2/2009 2:55:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mlnease@... writes:

      Hi Howard (and Nina),

      Thanks for the citations. If you'd like to select a single passage
      stating explicitly that "...the hindrances are weakened by repeated entry to
      jhanas", I'd be glad to discuss it with you.
      I'd be so pleased to discuss one with you if I had it. I do not. The
      citations I gave certainly fall far short of adequote. I do, nonetheless,
      have great confidence that repeated exposure to jhanas weakens hindrances.
      For that matter, consistent sila does so too.

      Thanks for your time and patience.
      Nice to speak with you, Mike. :-)

      mike

      /A change in anything is a change in everything/

      (Anonymous)
      Steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585042x1201462767/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
      eExcfooterNO62)