sudden thoughts

  • Kenneth Ong
    Message 1 of 354 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi All

      Feel like sharing my sudden thoughts in the d-l list here.

      Sometimes I wonder, abt the need to accumulate panna. I thought it is a
      natural process with right understanding. When there is a need, would
      there sounds a "self" is involved. Likewise when we say we develop kusala
      and prevent akusala, is there a "self" involved. Seeing reality as it is
      does not entails one to be concerned abt kusala and akusala (even though
      they are impt). To me it is looking at this precious moment be it our
      thought kusala and akusala. To me that doesn't mean that when we are in
      kusala thoughts, we should not investigate it. All thoughts should be
      seen or investigate be it kusala or akusala. Too strong intention of
      developing kusala, then to me there is a danger of attaching a "kusala
      self".

      Just my sudden thoughts

      Kind regards
      Ken O