Mr. Smith goes to Washington D.C.

  • colette
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 31, 2008
      Good Morning Horward,

      (Hey! Nobody's
      > perfect! LOL!) ,

      indeed, the creationist side of things becomes such a hallucination --
      after the student begins walking along the path.
      > Something has been churning in my thoughts that I would love
      to let go
      > of, but don't think I can or should do - at least not yet.

      colette: that statement, above, is a paper in itself! So I'll mozzey
      on. Or, is that what THE WIZ called "eaze on down the road"?
      ---------------------------

      > I've been reading a book by an Israeli scientist (physicist &
      > biologist), an orthodox Jew much beloved by creationist
      Christians. (Hey! Nobody's
      > perfect! LOL!) What is presented there doesn't cause me to believe
      in a personal
      > god or to see anything incorrect in the Dhamma, but it does give
      me pause as
      > to some (possibly intentional) omissions from the Buddhadhamma

      colette: aaaaah, you're so kind to be thinking of me! I like your
      line of thought alread! <...>

      What caught my eye was that you give the authors of the Dhamma the
      chance to be human, the chance to have made a mistake or mistakes,
      the potential to have a bad day or get up on the wrong side of the
      bed. THANK YOU!
      -------------------------------------

      - perhaps some
      > of the leaves not in the Buddha's hand.
      > Let me be more precise: The name of the book is "The Hidden
      Face of
      > God,"

      <....>

      and it's author is Gerald L Schroeder. He received his Ph.D from MIT
      in
      > physics, and then worked at the Weizmann Institute, the Hebrew
      University, and
      > the Volcani Research Institute. What Dr. Schroeder goes through in
      the book
      > that most impresses me is his detailed [almost excruciating
      scientific detail!]
      > presentation of the extraordinarily intricate complexity of
      physical and
      > biological structure and organization that enables this world to
      be as it is.

      colette: I only have enough time to make a quick statement here:

      THERE YOU HAVE IT! They create so much minutia that they get lost.
      I've been equating this same behavioral characteristic in "them" with
      the actual size of the amount of books REQUIRED to read the U.S. TAX
      CODE, and ya think that any single person or group of people could
      possibly remember or know all those tiny little details? Lewis Black
      caught on to my thoughts and said, in his "RED, WHITE, AND SCREWED"
      cable show:

      "Oh, no, the Old Testament wasn't good enough for you so you write
      another book and call it NEW"

      IT'S THE SAME TIRED OLD SCRIPT!

      gotta go. I am studying Dharmadhatus at the moment and am intrigued
      that there are FOUR DHARMADHATUS but I like Li and Shi (Principle and
      Phenomena).

      toodles,
      colette

      <....>
    • upasaka@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi, Colette -

        Parts of my post that you quote (copied below by me) make me somewhat
        uneasy and even self-disapproving. Would you please be so kind as to point me
        to my email msg that you quote? I'd like to look over the full text of what I
        wrote to see what was my "punch line." I'd like to know whether I currently
        find much of value in what I wrote or whether I largely dismiss it. ;-)

        phantom, and a dream/

        (From the Diamond Sutra)

        _ _ _ _ _ _ _

        In a message dated 11/1/2008 3:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        ksheri3@... writes:

        Good Morning Horward,

        (Hey! Nobody's
        > perfect! LOL!) ,

        indeed, the creationist side of things becomes such a hallucination --
        after the student begins walking along the path.
        > Something has been churning in my thoughts that I would love
        to let go
        > of, but don't think I can or should do - at least not yet.

        colette: that statement, above, is a paper in itself! So I'll mozzey
        on. Or, is that what THE WIZ called "eaze on down the road"?
        ---------------------------

        > I've been reading a book by an Israeli scientist (physicist &
        > biologist), an orthodox Jew much beloved by creationist
        Christians. (Hey! Nobody's
        > perfect! LOL!) What is presented there doesn't cause me to believe
        in a personal
        > god or to see anything incorrect in the Dhamma, but it does give
        me pause as
        > to some (possibly intentional) omissions from the Buddhadhamma

        colette: aaaaah, you're so kind to be thinking of me! I like your
        line of thought alread! <...>

        What caught my eye was that you give the authors of the Dhamma the
        chance to be human, the chance to have made a mistake or mistakes,
        the potential to have a bad day or get up on the wrong side of the
        bed. THANK YOU!
        -------------------------------------

        - perhaps some
        > of the leaves not in the Buddha's hand.
        > Let me be more precise: The name of the book is "The Hidden
        Face of
        > God,"

        <....>

        and it's author is Gerald L Schroeder. He received his Ph.D from MIT
        in
        > physics, and then worked at the Weizmann Institute, the Hebrew
        University, and
        > the Volcani Research Institute. What Dr. Schroeder goes through in
        the book
        > that most impresses me is his detailed [almost excruciating
        scientific detail!]
        > presentation of the extraordinarily intricate complexity of
        physical and
        > biological structure and organization that enables this world to
        be as it is.

        colette: I only have enough time to make a quick statement here:

        THERE YOU HAVE IT! They create so much minutia that they get lost.
        I've been equating this same behavioral characteristic in "them" with
        the actual size of the amount of books REQUIRED to read the U.S. TAX
        CODE, and ya think that any single person or group of people could
        possibly remember or know all those tiny little details? Lewis Black
        caught on to my thoughts and said, in his "RED, WHITE, AND SCREWED"
        cable show:

        "Oh, no, the Old Testament wasn't good enough for you so you write
        another book and call it NEW"

        IT'S THE SAME TIRED OLD SCRIPT!

        gotta go. I am studying Dharmadhatus at the moment and am intrigued
        that there are FOUR DHARMADHATUS but I like Li and Shi (Principle and
        Phenomena).

        toodles,
        colette

        **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot