Symbiotic Sympathy!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Friends:

      Maintain this Buddhist Wish of Noble Sympathy:

      May I be happy, may I maintain my happiness and live without any trace of enmity.
      May all beings be successful and happy: May they be of joyful mind, all beings that
      breathe & have life, whether they are weak or strong, tiny or huge, visible or invisible,
      near or far away, born or to be born, let all beings enjoy safety, content ease & bliss.
      Let no one deceive another, let no one be harsh in speech, let no one by anger or hatred
      wish ill to his neighbour. Even as a mother, at the risk of her life, guards and protects
      her only child, so with a boundless heart of compassion, I venerate all living beings by
      permeating the entire universe with sympathy, above, beneath and all around without limit,
      immeasurable & endless. Thus I cultivate an infinite goodwill toward this whole world.
      Standing or walking, sitting or lying down, during all my waking hours I treasure this thought
      that this very way of caring is the Noblest in the whole wide world.
      Thus shall I, by stilling pointless discussions & controversies, by acting blamelessly,
      be gifted with tranquillity & true insight. Thus shall I subdue the urge for sense-pleasure,
      and never again know rebirth. May this also inspire & thereby cause all other sentient
      beings to fulfil the conditions leading swiftly to Nibbana.
      May all sentient beings be thus utterly liberated & completely released from suffering.
      May all sentient beings thus escape the dangers of ageing, disease, and death.

      Friendship is the Greatest *
      Bhikkhu Samahita * Sri Lanka :-)
    • Bhikkhu Samahita
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
        Friends:

        Maintain this Buddhist Wish of Noble Sympathy:

        May I be happy, may I maintain my happiness and live without any trace of enmity.
        May all beings be successful and happy: May they be of joyful mind, all beings that
        breathe & have life, whether they are weak or strong, tiny or huge, visible or invisible,
        near or far away, born or to be born, let all beings enjoy safety, content ease & bliss!
        Let no one deceive another, let no one be harsh in speech, let no one by anger or hatred
        wish bad for his neighbour. Even as a mother, at the risk of her life, guards and protects
        her only child, so with a boundless heart of compassion, I venerate all living beings by
        permeating this entire universe with sympathy, above, beneath & all around, without limit,
        immeasurable and endless! Thus I cultivate an infinite goodwill toward this whole world.
        Standing or walking, sitting or lying down, during all my waking hours I treasure always
        this thought, knowing that this very way of caring is the Noblest in the whole wide world!
        Thus shall I, by stilling pointless discussions and controversies, by acting blamelessly,
        be gifted with tranquillity & true insight. Thus shall I subdue the urge for sense-pleasure,
        and never again know rebirth. May this also inspire and thereby cause all other sentient
        beings to fulfil the conditions leading swiftly to Nibbāna.
        May all sentient beings be thus utterly liberated & completely released from suffering.
        May all sentient beings thus escape the dangers of ageing, disease, and death. Yeah!

        More on this blazing Friendliness (Mettā <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/library/Buddhist.Dictionary/dic3_b.htm#brahma-vih%c3%a1ra> ):

        Have a nice day!

        Friendship is the Greatest!
        Bhikkhu Samāhita, Sri Lanka *
        http://What-Buddha-Said.net <http://what-buddha-said.net/>

        Symbiotic Sympathy!

      • Bhikkhu Samahita
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2011
          Friends:
          Maintain this Noble Wish of Sympathy:

          May I be happy, may I sustain my happiness by living without trace of
          enmity.
          May all beings be happy and successful: May they be of full of joy, all
          beings
          that breathe and have life, whether they are weak or strong, tiny or huge,
          visible or invisible, near or far away, born or to be born, let all beings
          enjoy
          safety, content ease and a peaceful serene bliss!
          Let no one deceive another, let no one be harsh in speech, let no one by
          anger
          or hatred wish bad for his neighbour. Even as a mother, at the risk of her
          life,
          guards and protects her only child, so with a boundless heart of compassion,

          I venerate all living beings by permeating this entire universe with
          sympathy,
          above, beneath and all around, without limit, immeasurable and truly
          endless!
          In this very fine way I cultivate an infinite goodwill toward this whole
          world.
          Standing or walking, sitting or lying down, during all my waking hours I
          will
          always treasure and dwell in this goodwill, knowing that this way of caring
          is the most Noble in this entire universe!
          Thus shall I, by stilling pointless discussions and controversies, and by
          acting
          blamelessly, be gifted with tranquillity and true insight into what is
          profound.
          Thus shall I subdue the urge for sense-pleasure, and never again know
          rebirth.
          May this also inspire and thereby cause all other sentient beings to fulfil
          the
          conditions leading swiftly to Nibb锟斤拷na, which is the only lasting happiness!

          May all sentient beings be thus liberated & fully released from all
          suffering.
          May all sentient beings thus escape the dangers of ageing, disease, & death.

          Friendliness is thus the Greatest! Yeah... :-)

          <...>

          On Biological Symbiosis="Living together with", an advantageous Social
          Model:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis
          http://www.ms-starship.com/sciencenew/symbiosis.htm

          Creating a Future Harmony: So that we may sleep with our doors open,
          among hanging gardens and dance with the children in our arms! :-)
          Have a nice & noble day!

          Friendship is the Greatest!
          <http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Bhikkhu_Samahita> Bhikkhu Sam锟斤拷
          hita _/\_ *