Re: [dsg] Computer problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      Dear Han,

      --- han tun <hantun1@...> wrote:

      > Dear Sarah and All,
      >
      > My computer is giving trouble again.
      > It gets very difficult to start.
      S: I truly sympathise. Like you, we seem to have been plagued with
      computer problems recently, both on our trip and on our return. Your
      problem is just the one we had for the whole trip with Jon's
      computer....in the end we had to just give up, after consulting various
      technicians for hours on end.

      Here's something that may be of interest to you:

      In #55595, Htoo wrote about paticchanna dukkha (or apataka dukkha,
      concealed suffering) and apaticchanna dukkha (or pataka dukkha, apparent
      to all). He said that dukkha dukkha, viparinama dukkha and sankhara dukkha
      could be re-classified in this way. Paticchanna dukkha, he said, referred
      to dukkha that only the sufferers know, whereas apaticchanna dukkha is
      evident to all, for example, a physical wounding.

      I wasn't familiar with this and had been lazy to check the texts, so I
      raised it with A.Sujin. I thought there might be more to it, because
      sankhara dukkha refers to the dukkha inherent in all conditioned dhammas,
      due to their rise and fall, as you know.

      As usual, she gave a deeper interpretation and said that the paticchanna
      dukkha, concealed suffering, referred to the hidden rise and fall of
      dhammas.

      When you have easy access (no hurry), please let me know if you're
      familiar with these terms and what your understanding is.