Re: [dsg] Re: Puggala pa~n~natti

  • DC Wijeratna
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 1, 2007
      Dear Tep,

      This is with regard to a message that you addressed to Nina. I hope you would excuse my intrusion. Here is the passage I am interested in:

      "T: Thank you this injection of pure Abhidhammic talk. The
      citta "phenomenon" you just described is not unlike the electron flow
      generation at a "generator base" inside a power generator of any
      electric utility. No electrons last while new ones are being rapidly
      generated, and we have electricity flows in cables to light up a
      whole city downstream."

      I have seen "electrons" and "electricity", if my memory serves me right, in some of your earlier communications.

      Now, my question is: What is an electron?
      I'll give my thesis: It is a figment of one's imagination. Reason: There are descriptions of the electron as a particle or as a wave.
      So what is your reaction?

      The Abhidhamma is beyond me. But this sort of stuff--electricity and electrons--I have some familiarity.

      Lots of mettaa,

      D. G. D. C. Wijeratna

      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 21, 2011
        Dear Alex,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "truth_aerator" <truth_aerator@...> wrote:

        > Dear Sarah, Nina,
        >
        > When, lets say, "lobha" cetasika arises, how do we know that it is lobha and not something else?
        S: Only panna can know when it arises and directly understands the characteristic of that lobha when it appears.

        Trying to 'work it out', will never know it.

        ====