Re: [dsg] Theriigaathaa - Sisters (46)

  • Scott Duncan
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2007
      Dear Sarah (and Connie),

      Its a good one:

      S: "I highly recommend the account of Therii Bhaadaa..."

      I like this part. It applies to me (and women I know and have known):

      "Na hi sabbesu .thaanesu, puriso hoti pa.n.dito;
      itthiipi pa.n.ditaa hoti, tattha tattha vicakkha.naa.
      "Na hi sabbesu .thaanesu, puriso hoti pa.n.dito;
      itthiipi pa.n.ditaa hoti, lahu.m atthavicintikaa"ti."

      A man is not wise on all occasions. A woman is also wise, being
      skilful here and there.
      A man is not wise on all occasions. A woman is also wise, quickly
      thinking of what is useful.

      RD: Not in every case is Man tho wiser ever;
      Woman, too, when swift to see, may prove as clever.
      Not in every case is Man the wiser reckoned;
      Woman, too, is clever, and she think but a second.'

      Sincerely,

      Scott.