Re: [dsg] Re: New Group

  • Herman Hofman
    Message 1 of 61 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hi Connie,

      By way of circambulation, I do like your posts very much, I find them
      very rich in association, they open up a million possibilities in
      every line.

      Having said that ...... :-)

      On 02/03/07, connie <connieparker@...> wrote:
      > Hi James,
      > I'll restate my 'die indulging, go to a hell or animal realm' thing. The
      > realm of rebirth depends on the last javana citta before the cuti citta.
      > Rebirth in the human realm (with the turtle/yoke simile for how precious
      > it is) depends on that being kusala. I don't think it's likely to be a
      > moment of dana, sila or bhavana if we die in the middle of being intent on
      > licking up chocolate frosting or what have you. I'd say that's part of the
      > 'greater perils' in pursuing sensual desires, including but not at all
      > limited to sexual appetites.
      > peace,
      > connie

      In terms of citta, how is an animal or hell realm different to a human
      or god realm?

      Kind Regards

      Herman
      Message 61 of 61 , Mar 14, 2007
        Hi Sarah,
        yes, as Connie said: On fire. This was referred to in T.A. p. 204. In
        my Tiika texts the numbers never work.
        Nina.

        Op 14-mrt-2007, om 6:13 heeft sarah abbott het volgende geschreven: