Re: Phenomenology of nama and rupa

  • Plamen Gradinarov
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 2, 2006
      Dear Ícaro,

      In the German phenomenology, Dasein and Sosein were taken over from
      the scholastic philosophy with their meaning of existentia and
      essentia. The existentia (Dasein) is the object of phenomenological
      reduction because it is the contingent being of the things, their
      saMvRtti-sat, wheil the things as they are reside in the ontic
      province of Sosein, which term is as though calqued from the Sanskrit
      tathAtA.

      TathAtA are the transcendental phenomena whose only mark is to be self-
      indicative (svalakSaNa) - they are presented to us directly, by no
      representative or symbolyzing means (animitta) - Scheler and Heidegger
      would say, selbstzeigende Washeiten. Actually their animittatva is
      their svalakSaNatva, is further their tathAtA. Wheil tatratA (Dasein)
      refers to the empirical things here and now. Analysis shows that their
      satya is saMvRtti, conventional, hic-et-nunc contingent, hence they
      are not the paramArtha-dharmas - which PD are not dependent on, and
      beyond the empirical space and time.

      I would suggest all interested in comparative philosophy to join us at
      http://www.ratnavali.com/forum - as DSG has its own agenda.

      Best regards,

      Plamen

    • upasaka@aol.com
      Message 64 of 64 , Sep 5, 2006
        Hi, TG and Nina -

        In a message dated 9/5/06 12:14:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        TGrand458@... writes:

        > Hi Nina
        >
        > Thanks a lot for this. To say "it is present" is much better than "exist"
        > IMO. "It is So" or "it is happening" seem to also work although "so" seems
        > bit vague.
        >
        > TG

        My thanks also, Nina. TG, I join you in very much preferring "it is
        present" to "it exists"! :-)

        phantom, and a dream./            (From the Diamond Sutra)