[dsg] Ignorance (was Re: �Cetasikas' study corner 433- You ain't seen nothin' ye

  • Scott Duncan
    Message 1 of 46 , Jun 30, 2006
      Dear Herman,

      I'm going to get a reputation, I swear...

      H: "Dhamma study is the mind studying itself, no props required."

      Dhamma study (pariyatti) is learning the Dhamma (read teachings).
      "Mind studying itself" is, loosely, practise or patipatti; and the
      penetrating of the Dhamma (pativedha) is the end.

      If by "mind" you mean "citta," I half understand your point. I don't
      follow the apparent self-reflexiveness: citta is the reality which
      experiences; objects are those which citta experiences. Does citta
      experience citta? I don't think so. Corrections welcome.

      With loving kindness,

      Scott.
    • Scott Duncan
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 5, 2007
        Dear Sarah,

        S: "Sounds right to me. Taking the elements for something, for atta is
        miccha ditthi. As you later put it: 'If in this [one understands] the
        object to be non-void....'"

        Scott: Thank you, I appreciate the clarification. Later.

        Sincerely,

        Scott.