Cetasikas' study corner 454- Non-Attachment/Alobha (b)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Dear Friends,

      'Cetasikas' by Nina van Gorkom

      http://www.vipassana.info/cetasikas.html
      http://www.zolag.co.uk/

      Questions, comments and different views welcome;-)
      Ch 28, Non-Attachment(Alobha)contd
      *****
      We have many more moments with attachment than with nonattachment
      and we are so used to live with attachment that we
      hardly realize that it is akusala. A person who is leading the life
      of a layman takes it for granted to be attached to people and
      possessions.

      We may think that such kinds of attachment are not
      dangerous, provided we do not harm others, but all kinds of
      akusala lead to sorrow. There is attachment time and again and
      thus we accumulate it evermore. When we stand up, move around,
      reach for things, eat or go to sleep, we want most of the time
      something for ourselves and then there are cittas rooted in
      attachment.

      We are almost all the time thinking of ourselves, we
      try to acquire pleasant things for ourselves and we expect other
      people to be agreeable to us. Even when we think that we apply
      ourselves to kusala, for example, when we listen to the Dhamma
      or speak about the Dhamma, there are likely to be many moments
      of attachment arising after the kusala cittas.

      We may be attached to “our kusala”, we tend to like the idea of ourselves
      being good and wise, we find ourselves important.
      •*****
      Ch28 - Non-Attachment(Alobha)to be contd

      ======