Re: [dsg] Re: ‘Cetasikas' study corner 370- Different Groups of Defilements Part 2 (i)

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 1161 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dear Htoo,
      They are defilements arising time and again in daily life. They obstruct the
      development of kusala. They can be temporarily subdues by the jhanafactors,
      but only the development of insight leads to their eradication, and that is,
      when lokuttara maggacitta arises.
      Nina.
      op 01-02-2006 22:33 schreef htootintnaing op htootintnaing@...:

      > What is defintion of hindrance?
      >
      > Can hindrance arise without meditation?
    • philip
      Message 1161 of 1161 , Aug 21, 2013
        Dear Group

        Here is a useful post on what "volition means in the Dhamma. Of course it is different from what comfort-seekers sutting on cushions want it to mean:

        I highlight one part: > "We should consider why we want to perform kusala kamma. Is
        > our aim kusala vipaaka?"

        I think we are seeking pleasant vipaaka most of the time when we consider Dhamma, seeking comfort. (Even if we are not seeking pleasant mind states in a blatant way, through ritual cushion play.) We have to be honest about that.

        Please enjoy the rest of the post.

        Phil