Re: Mistaken Refence ... !!!

  • Hal
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      Ven. Samahita,

      Thank you for this very helpful contribution, that clearly illustrates
      how both greed and delusion give rise to wrong view and conceit while
      mutually reinforcing each other. I particularly liked how you delt with
      the "mistaken reference" at the more subtle level of perception itself;
      namely, the mistaken notion of some detached witness/observer spanning
      the perception of ever changing events. What must be seen and known
      directly, not merely acknowledged, is the radical discontinuity of
      consciousness itself. Through the mental training prescribed by the
      Buddha, this reality can be known, cutting the root of all "mistaken
      references," and the ever increasing spiral of delusion, greed and
      wrong view.

      Hal
    • Bhikkhu samahita
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        Friend Hal wisely wrote:

        >What must be seen and known directly, is the
        >radical discontinuity of consciousness itself.

        Well spoken. Sadhu!
        It arises & ceases right there ...
        Just a flicker in a mirror ...
        Never to return ...