Re: Yellow card

  • rikpa21@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2001
      --- In dhammastudygroup@y..., "Amara" <joychay@h...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > It seems that my messages are giving the wrong image of the group,
      and
      > the moderators, who are my very good friends, have sent me the
      > following message:
      >

      > >From: Sarah and Jonothan Abbott <dsgmods@y...>
      > >To: joychay@h...
      > >Subject: Yellow card
      > >Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:58:10 +0800 (CST)
      > >
      > >Amara,
      > >
      > >Your last one or two posts to both Erik and Marlon
      > >have all been inappropriate in either tone or content
      > >for this list.
      > >
      > >If there are any more inappropriate messages at any
      > >time, unhappily we will need to start moderating your
      > >posts without further notice.
      > >
      > >Jon & Sarah
      >
      > Which I rather agree with, so I am leaving the group to save them
      the
      > trouble of any more work than necessary, we are all busy enough as
      it
      > is and I would like the discussions here to be as beneficial as it
      can
      > be for all concerned.

      Amara, this is nonsense. You are a precious treasure. I have learned
      more from your posts on the subleties of the Abhidhamma than from
      nearly anyone else. I think if you leave you will be depriving many
      of your insights. So I sincerely request you to remain here for the
      benefit of all of us.

      I also do not take our little tiffs personally, and am a lot less
      bothered about it that our list moderators. My suspicious is that you
      have fundamental disagreements with the Tibetan Dharma, and this is a
      cause of difficulty communicating. This is only a GUESS mind you. I
      could well be wrong, and I only mention it because it is a prevalent
      view I've encountered among Theravadins, that the Mahayana/Tibetan
      Dharma is a corruption somehow.
    • axtran@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2001
        Dear Amara,

        Amara, please don't go away ...

        Anumodana to your effort,
        Alex
      • Gayan Karunaratne
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2001
          Dear Amara,

          It would be for the benefit of all DSG users(including yourself)if
          you remain in the group.

          Regards.
          Gayan
        • abrennan@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2001
            My Dear Amara

            My life is so short and I have so much to learn. Your posts have been
            an encyclopedia of learning for me. Your answers to my questions have
            always been thoughtful, detailed and clear. agreement or disagreement
            is not an issue for me, but learning I am interested in. I am not a
            fool to think that I don't need more learning and practice.

            I am sure it is the Buddha who has said that a fool is one who, when
            admonished or instructed, does not reflect on this information and
            learn from it. I hope I am not that fool and I have read all your
            detailed informative posts as if they were meant for my instruction.
            I would be happy to be able to continue to reflect on issues atht are
            discussed here with your assistance.

            Our friends the moderators are only doing there job as good
            moderators should. we cannot hope that they should treat us any
            differently than someone else. When there has been untoward
            interaction using the List all parties need reminded of the
            instruction of moderation. I would expect that you are not the only
            one to have received the infamous 'yellow card' on this occasion.

            As you can see there are many on this list who would hope that you do
            not quit the discussions. But that is a decision you must make. I
            truly hope that you make the right decision and one that you are
            satisfied with. (as much as anyone can be.)

            I felt I had to add my 'bit' to the call for your backflip. And I
            would think that there will be a cyber-cheer go out when you announce
            it.

            I would also like to add for the benefit of all reading this that I
            support the Moderators in the job that they have set themselves to
            do. It is not so easy as one might think, and what is currently
            occuring is an example of that.

            antony
            sydney australia
          • DeBenedictis/Dhammapiyo
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2001
              Dear Amara,

              Please stay with DSG!

              Metta cittena,

              Bhikkhu Dhammapiyo
            • rikpa21@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2001
                --- In dhammastudygroup@y..., "DeBenedictis/Dhammapiyo"
                <vinmardeb@e...> wrote:
                > Dear Amara,
                >
                > Please stay with DSG!
                >
                > Metta cittena,
                >
                > Bhikkhu Dhammapiyo

                Hey Bikkhu D. Did you get my message about hooking up while you're in
                the USA?

                My other email is rikpa21@...--better than this one.
              • Leonardo Neves
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2001
                  Amara,

                  Take a big breath and an hot shower !

                  I've really learnt a lot from you.

                  Metta from the the big old silent brazilian member !

                  :-)
                  Leonardo