Re: Different Approaches to Anatta? -- What is Dan's Right view?

  • Dan D.
    Message 1 of 134 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Nina,
      Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate it. BB's interpretation of
      Upanisa sutta is very intersting -- definitely worth taking a closer
      look at.

      Metta,

      Dan

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@x>
      wrote:
      > Hi Dan and Tep,
      > I find this a very good summary of important points, Dan. I was not
      able to
      > follow all discussions on the list.
      > In the Transcendental Dependent Arising, Upanisa sutta, Transl by
      > B.B.,(Wheel277/278) it is stated that concentration is the
      supporting
      > condition for the knowledge and vision of things as they really
      are. The
      > term yathaabhuuta-├▒aa.nadassana is the development of insight, as
      explained
      > by B.B.
      > Nina.
      > op 30-09-2005 16:01 schreef Dan D. op onco111@y...:
      >
      > > First you inspired me to revisit MN 117, which I find one of the
      most
      > > valuable suttas of all because it describes so neatly the
      intricacy
      > > of the relationship between right view, right effort, and right
      > > mindfulness (and right view, right effort, and the other samma's),
    • Tep Sastri
      Message 134 of 134 , Nov 12, 2005
        Hi, Sarah -

        I am glad to see your emails again after at least a month. But I knew
        that sooner or later you would work your way through the queue of
        waiting emails to get to answer me. Thank you for the several
        messages you wrote today.

        >S: You wrote some kind comments in this thread for which I thank you.
        We all learn from each other!

        Tep: Yes, we do -- we have several members (including, of course,
        Sarah and Jon) who are outstanding and I am (slowly) learning to
        appreciate them all, even though it may seem that I am arguing too
        much, sometimes {:<|).

        > S: I find it more helpful to be honest about my own wholesome and
        unwholesome cittas rather than to speculate about the others' when
        they read or write. One day we may say 'enough' and then the next day
        we may continue reading or writing to consider more, help others or for
        less noble reasons.

        Tep: Exactly ! One should always start from the inside. Also true that we
        cannot (and must not) stop reading/studying/writing.

        Khun Foo looks like a person I probably met at a Thai temple in Texas.

        With sincere appreciation,

        Tep

        ========
        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, sarah abbott
        <sarahprocterabbott@y...> wrote:

        > Hi Tep,
        >
        > I have a few of your messages kept aside addressed to me directly
        or
        > indirectly. Apologies for the delays as usual.
        >
        > You wrote some kind comments in this thread for which I thank you.
        We all
        > learn from each other!

        (snipped)