Re: [dsg] Re: Personlessness Teachings Not Against Precepts: (Was: fifth prec...

  • Charles DaCosta
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
      "BTW, my mind is more ingenious, whenever there is some dreams that
      could mean breaking marriage vows, it makes it so I am not married in
      the dream!, so I get the fun but not the guilt! :-)"

      Now Hugo, is that the path you have chosen?

      Charles
      Charles DaCosta wrote: "Some like to divided the Precepts up into groups that relate to Thoughts, action, speech. I like to think of each and every precept as applying a rule to Thoughts, action, speech.
      A Lama asked me once: 'How are your dreams.' ... I have found that even in my dreams I try to keep my marriage vows. Now I understand what the Lama meant. I should not even day dream about breaking a precept. When this is achieved the mind must be genuinely pure."

      Hugo Wrote: "I liked this, it is so easy to say, 'hey I am just thinking about it, not doing it' and then indulge in unwholesome thoughts.
      BTW, my mind is more ingenious, whenever there is some dreams that
      could mean breaking marriage vows, it makes it so I am not married in
      the dream!, so I get the fun but not the guilt! :-)"

    • Hugo
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hello Charles,

        Hugo:
        > "BTW, my mind is more ingenious, whenever there is some dreams that
        > could mean breaking marriage vows, it makes it so I am not married in
        > the dream!, so I get the fun but not the guilt! :-)"

        Charles:
        > Now Hugo, is that the path you have chosen?

        I had nothing to do with it, it was all conditions..... :-)

        --
        Hugo
      • Charles DaCosta
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
          How would you feel if that string of conditions was about to be imprisoned in a cage for ten years, even if it meant beyond the grave?

          Charles

          PS: is it hard to have no-feelings, or are the feelings really you (just having fun)?
          > "BTW, my mind is more ingenious, whenever there is some dreams that
          > could mean breaking marriage vows, it makes it so I am not married in
          > the dream!, so I get the fun but not the guilt! :-)"

          Charles:
          > Now Hugo, is that the path you have chosen?

          I had nothing to do with it, it was all conditions..... :-)

          --
          Hugo
          <...>
        • Hugo
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
            Hello Charles,

            On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:41:13 +0100, Charles DaCosta
            <dacostas@...> wrote:
            > How would you feel if that string of conditions was about to be imprisoned in a cage for ten years, even if it meant beyond the grave?
            >
            > PS: is it hard to have no-feelings, or are the feelings really you (just having fun)?

            I barely can restrain "myself" from following some of my desires when
            I am awake, I think it is beyond my possibilities to try to restrain
            "myself" when I am sleeping, what I can do is to not indulge on those
            feelings when I wake up remembering what I dreamed of.

            And you know the answer, the feelings are not me.

            --
            Hugo
          • Charles DaCosta
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 4, 2005
              It is good to hear that you know where "you" are. Practice makes perfect!