First Dhamma talk

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hello all

      Something courage-giving to share this morning. Had my first ever
      face-to-face dhamma talk yesterday, with Rob K, at Haneda airport
      here in Japan. We talked for close to 3 hours. The time flew. After
      close to two years of only "talking" about the Buddha's teaching
      through a computer screen, what an confidence-building and
      invigorating - I guess that might be the right word - experience to
      actually have the words coming out of my mouth with someone who
      deeply shares my interest, and of course to be able to tap into Rob's
      enthusiasm and understanding so directly. I recorded most of our
      discussion and will transcribe it and share chunks of it with you
      gradually.

      It was a very good experience. I guess a fellow always remembers
      his first dhamma talk partner, so I will remember Rob, and the pseudo
      atrium with fountains and piped in piano music where we were talking
      as waitresses in mock tropical uniforms came and went like
      butterflies.

      Metta,
      Phil
    • Jonothan Abbott
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        Phil

        Thanks for this report, and for news of Rob K. I know what a great
        experience it will have been for you. RobK's enthusiasm for the Dhamma is
        infectious. Looking forward to reading more about your discussion in due
        course.

        Jon