Re: [DhammaStudyGroup] Ajahn Sujin in Fremont, Calif

  • amara chay
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2000
      Venerable sir,
      I'm very happy to hear that it all went so well, and especially that you had
      some useful discussions. I am also very impressed by your wishing to remain
      in samsara in order that all beings be enlightened before your leaving it.
      I can only hope there is any possibility there since the number of lives in
      the universe is said to be incalculably infinite, in fact it is one of the
      'imponderables' (acinteyas), to me it doesn't seem possible to wait for all
      the ants and the planktons in this world alone to reach the level of wisdom
      necessary. However, your kusala cetana to enlighten people is extremely
      laudable, and brings us to the ultimate common goal: in order to teach
      people, you would want to learn as much as you can of what the Buddha taught
      and reach enlightenment, and all Buddhists students desire the same
      knowledge, whether they would want to pass it on or not. I hope you can
      acquire all the wisdom you need to teach everyone, and if we were to meet in
      some future life, you could teach the dhamma we had heard before which would
      be new to us then, or be a good reminder of what we already knew. In the
      meantime we can help one another study and store the teachings to the best
      of our abilities, and remain kalyana mitta in our quest for the truth,
      Your friend in the dhamma,
      Amara