Islam and Buddhism

  • rahula_80
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2003
      Hi,

      I would like to bring to your attention of the book, "Islam and
      Buddhism" by Harun Yahya, a well known Muslim preacher. The book is
      also available online.
      http://www.hyahya.org/buddhism01.php

      I am hoping that a Buddhist(s) especialy those who are interested in
      comparative religions studies between Buddhism and Islam, would come
      forward to clarify the misunderstanding / misrepresentations found in
      that book.

      Truly yours,
      Rahula
    • blue lan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
        Hi,
        I am a new number here, a Taiwannees.
        After I get this interesting title about [ Islam and Buddhism ], i conneted and enter that book, and read it. Firstly, i think it's not a good book and some of them wrong and misleading the way Buddha taught and misunderstand the meaning of worship by the picture of Buddha, although the Buddha didnnot all agree that we have the Buddha statues.

        Yes, i am little upset. Because i had read their Qur'an, and i think Islam is good for peple who could not have chance to know the Buddha, and people who belive it could still have the goodnees to fellow.

        After I read the writing style again, compare some of other Islam books in the net, finally, my upset is gone. Because, their writing style seems [ yes or no], just according the Qur'an. Somehow , i just think that it would be one of the ways Islam people see, know, and understand things and people in the earth. So they and we live in different culture and diferent value.
        Why do I write this note? I think we need to pay more compassion and learn more the Buddha had taugh and then leading them and let them regcognize that the Buddha did not deny gods, or the god; however the Buddha say that gods are beings, and they also live under ignorance ( twelve links of dependent arising).

        Blue