Welcomes & Bkk update

  • Sarah Procter Abbott
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2000
      Hi Veronica & dhd5,

      A late welcome from me to the list too and glad to see
      you both posting. Veronica, you asked a good question
      about studying the abhidhamma and we look forward to
      hearing more from you both. Veronica, i assume you
      study the Zen teachings as well as the original
      Tipitaka?

      Dear Group,

      We're in Bangkok and had a good discussion today with
      Khun Sujin and many old friends like Nina Van Gorkom
      and her husband and also some members from this list
      I'd not met before such as the group that have come
      over from California to join our trip to Cambodia and
      Betty.

      We're off to Pnom Penh tomorrow (about 50 of us) and
      will meet some serious Buddhist students and teachers
      there who are able to listen to Khun Sujin's Thai
      radio programme.

      I'm delighted to see all the excellent posts in our
      absence....this is a quick visit to our hotel's
      business centre. We look forward to reading the posts
      on the flight.

      Best rgds for now,
      Sarah

      p.s. Michael J and Sukin, sorry not to have met you
      this w'end. Do hope you can get to at least one of the
      English discussions next weekend. (See Amara's 2nd
      post titled 'Schedules' for details of this). The day
      at Ell's house on the Monday will also be very
      pleasant if you're free.