[dsg] Re: Buddhaghosa

  • smallchap
    Message 1 of 565 , Apr 1, 2003
      Dear Nana,

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, nina van gorkom <nilo@e...>
      wrote:
      Even when someone has
      > reached stages of insight, there are still the imperfections of
      insight.
      > Among them clinging.

      Clinging is present even for one who has attained the 3rd stage of
      enlightenment, Anagami.

      smallchap
    • Sarah
      Message 565 of 565 , Jun 3, 2004
        Hi Christine,

        --- christine_forsyth <cforsyth@...> wrote: > Hello All,

        > On another list, someone posted: "If the Venerable Buddhagosa was an
        > arahat then why did he at the end of the Visuddhi Magga make a
        > sincere wish to be reborn at the time of the final fading away of
        > the Buddha sassana?"
        I don't recall anyone having suggested here that Buddhaghosa was an
        arahant. An ariyan yes, but I have no reason to doubt the postcript given
        in the Vism and other commentaries, even if added.