Ch VII

  • gayank@tpi.techprov.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
      15. samgaha seelata patirupataya ananulomika samsagga vangceti.

      kusala samgahaseelata - gifting the (lay ..etc)followers with the dhamma,
      gifting the allowed ( brethern..) with helpful 'materials' , acting with amity
      for everyone, acting with compassion for the others.....
      This samgahaseelatha is a quality developed by samana/yogins.

      akusala ananulomikasamsagga - the mixing up with unallowed, unsuitable and
      affairs therein.

      The cheating of ananulomikasamsagga as samgahaseelatha happens not in the minds
      of crooks but ones who are thinking that they are actually developing a kusala.
      This can be detected as,

      One will 'feel' like much metta and samgahaseelatha for some rich followers,
      the people ( spouse,offsprings, etc..) of such followers.
      But He won't feel that with the poor ones.

      When cheated ,the tendency to liking the worldly affairs , taking part in them
      etc .. with those rich ones , can be detected.

      with 'real' samgahaseelatha those would not arise.

      16. saccavadita patirupataya pisunavacata vangceti.

      saccavadita - speaking the truth, no lies, no half-truths.
      pisunavacata- slandering

      regardless of the truth or fallacy in it, slandering is akusala and miccavaca.
      Sometimes ones who do slandering , internally get cheated as thinking ' this is
      the quality of telling the truth and that is a kusala ' .

      17. apisunavadita patirupataya anatthakamata vangceti.

      The evil of slandering is the intention to mess with the common understanding of
      a one with another.
      It is not a 'papakamma' to tell warn about a person ( or rather the evil
      qualities of such person ) to another for the well being of the 'another'.
      It is a good quality to warn ( and protect ) somebody from a possible harm.( a
      sappurisa quality )
      Intention is the key here.

      Being 'silent' in such an occation 'thinking' " I will not say pisunavaca..."
      is a stage which needs to be further examined.
      In some minds there is this very minute 'anusaya dhatu' left that they sometimes
      have the secret delight in seeing harm happening to others. Anatthakamatha.....
      ( anattha - harm ).
      This cheats them .
      The point here is to check whether what's operating is genuine apisunavacata or
      a cheating akusala.
      ( and to be aware of the kusala as kusala , and the akusala as akusala )

      contd.
    • Robert Kirkpatrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
        Brilliant stuff again Gayan. Completely daily life- as the
        Dhamma always is.
        Robert
        --- gayank@... wrote: >

        > 15. samgaha seelata patirupataya ananulomika samsagga
        > vangceti.
        >
        > kusala samgahaseelata - gifting the (lay ..etc)followers with
        > the dhamma,
        > gifting the allowed ( brethern..) with helpful 'materials' ,
        > acting with amity
        > for everyone, acting with compassion for the others.....
        > This samgahaseelatha is a quality developed by samana/yogins.
        >
        > akusala ananulomikasamsagga - the mixing up with unallowed,
        > unsuitable and
        > affairs therein.
        >
        > The cheating of ananulomikasamsagga as samgahaseelatha happens
        > not in the minds
        > of crooks but ones who are thinking that they are actually
        > developing a kusala.
        > This can be detected as,
        >
        > One will 'feel' like much metta and samgahaseelatha for some
        > rich followers,
        > the people ( spouse,offsprings, etc..) of such followers.
        > But He won't feel that with the poor ones.
        >
        > When cheated ,the tendency to liking the worldly affairs ,
        > taking part in them
        > etc .. with those rich ones , can be detected.
        >
        > with 'real' samgahaseelatha those would not arise.
        >

        > 16. saccavadita patirupataya pisunavacata vangceti.
        >
        > saccavadita - speaking the truth, no lies, no half-truths.
        > pisunavacata- slandering
        >

        > regardless of the truth or fallacy in it, slandering is
        > akusala and miccavaca.
        > Sometimes ones who do slandering , internally get cheated as
        > thinking ' this is
        > the quality of telling the truth and that is a kusala ' .
        >

        > 17. apisunavadita patirupataya anatthakamata vangceti.
        >
        > The evil of slandering is the intention to mess with the
        > common understanding of
        > a one with another.
        > It is not a 'papakamma' to tell warn about a person ( or
        > rather the evil
        > qualities of such person ) to another for the well being of
        > the 'another'.
        > It is a good quality to warn ( and protect ) somebody from a
        > possible harm.( a
        > sappurisa quality )
        > Intention is the key here.
        >
        > Being 'silent' in such an occation 'thinking' " I will not
        > say pisunavaca..."
        > is a stage which needs to be further examined.
        > In some minds there is this very minute 'anusaya dhatu' left
        > that they sometimes
        > have the secret delight in seeing harm happening to others.
        > Anatthakamatha.....
        > ( anattha - harm ).
        > This cheats them .
        > The point here is to check whether what's operating is genuine
        > apisunavacata or
        > a cheating akusala.
        > ( and to be aware of the kusala as kusala , and the akusala as
        > akusala )
        >

        > contd.

        From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
        http://experts.yahoo.com/
      • gayank@tpi.techprov.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
          Dear friends

          Thank you very much for your compassionate comments.

          It is so heartening to see the gratitude for the Great Sage and his sons,
          (ie, nettippakarana atthakatacariya dhammapala, rerukane chandavimala )

          sadhu