Re: [dsg] Re: "Your duty is the contemplation"

  • LBIDD@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi James,

      I think anything within a Theravada context is on topic. "Fear" seems
      like a good one to me. What's on your mind?

      Larry
    • Jonothan Abbott
      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 6, 2002
        Stephen

        --- oreznoone@... wrote:
        .. .. ..
        > BTW, the old question remains open: abhidhamma recognizes both
        black
        > and white kamma, and mixed, but what about the kamma that ends
        kamma?
        > What is its classification?

        The Abhidhamma classifies kamma in a number of different ways, the
        most basic of which is the 2-fold classification of kusala and
        akusala.

        The various kinds of kamma referred to in the 'black and white' sutta
        are simply different combinations and levels of these 2 kinds of
        kamma.

        For example, the 'mixed' kamma of the sutta refers to the fact that
        both kusala and akusala kamma have been performed and accumulated and
        will bear their respective fruit (there is no 'mixed kamma' per se in
        the Abhidhamma). Likewise, the 'kamma that ends kamma' is a
        reference to a particular level, or sub-class, of kusala kamma.