Re: [dsg] RE: United States becoming less homophobic

  • Alberto
    Message 1 of 108 , Sep 27, 2013
      Hi Lukas, (Phil, Nina),

      I think that different realities, lobha or dosa like hippies or punks :) can have the same object, while they're both thinking about (the concept of) metta, and that both are forgetful of seeing and visible object arising now, and also of all realities arising after that, inc. lobha or dosa; a better understanding of which would condition all kind of kusala dhamma, inc. metta (adosa cetasika).

      Alberto

      On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:39:55 -0700 (PDT)
      Lukas <szmicio@...> wrote:

      > Hi Phil, Alberto
      > Heh...what do you call metta? Is there any anger now? You know anger slips in any moment, is there any particular way it comes? Does it depends on object of anger? Exactly the same comes metta, or non-angriness.  How you would like to know non-angriness without anger..heh...If there is anger doesnt appear , non-angriness comes. Just usual dhamma, nothing super special. And looks for it's object naturally.
      >
      > All this disordered thinking like this is metta, an energy, radiating through universe reaching every being is a crap. Wrong view. It's a hippie mental disorder.
      >
      > best wishes
      > Lukas
      >
      > >Dear Nina > Let us think with mettaa! I's sorry if this makes me appear to be an unpleasant person (which I am not, actually, except at DSG) but I must object to the above. If there are >conditions for metta, metta will arise. No rules. Otherwise metta will be pursued by lobha, I think. Yes, there are teachings in Vism and elsewhere that sound like a manual for developing >metta, but it is lobha that wants it to be a manual, it's a tantalizing trap. Do we want metta or lobha? Metta. Do we know metta from lobha? No. Not according to what I have heard Ajahn say >many times, and I think she's right. And yet there are surely moments of metta that arise, and they condition more. Just a few moments of metta in a day, wealthy man.... Phi
    • philofillet
      Message 108 of 108 , Oct 1, 2013
        Pt, if everyone knew how to do them they wouldn't be so cool anymore. *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*\(^o^)/☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆\(^o^)/\(^o^)/Phil P.s Thanks for the link to the mobile device troubleshooting page. (´・_・`)