RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: e-notes from Vietnam 14 - Da Lat

  • buddhatrue
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 12, 2013
      Hi Sarah,

      Please forgive my idiotic post. I thought about quitting DSG and all of my Yahoo groups because the visiting experience makes me very agitated and irritated. I pick up vibes easily and the vibes I get from all of the members are very angry and frustrated vibes. The longer I stay logged into a group and post messages, the more and more irritated I find myself getting. But, instead of quitting I guess I just need to limit my exposure.

      Metta,
      James

    • gazita2002
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 13, 2013

        Hallo James,

        do you really think all vibes from members are angry and frustrated vibes? Of course, only you can know what you feel, I'm not suggesting otherwise.

        Don't stop posting, I enjoy reading yr posts, sharp as they may sometimes be; limit your exposure if you feel its beneficial.

        Anything that arises - pleasant feeling, unpleasant feeling, anger, attachment, visible object etc are dhammas that can be known as just that - dhammas that arise and fall away, and those dhammas that have fallen away never arise again, ever. Of course, they condition similar arisings but they fall away too. I think the more we attempt to control our behavior or others we encounter problems.

        There seems to be this very fine line between no control and control and unless there is understanding of present moment events then we continue to be frustrated.

        One of the reasons I enjoy yr posts, and not sure if enjoy is really the right word, is I can relate to your perceived (to me) impulsiveness and frustration as i and f is something I know personally.

        I sometimes wonder if I was a happy, jolly person would I have as much interest in dhamma but thats just a whole lot of conceptual thinking and really not worth persuing!!!!

        Some friends say to me 'hang in there' but I just want to sock 'em when I hear that, altho I'm sure its coming from a friendly space, its my own kileasa that's really the issue here.

        with metta,

        azita

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 13, 2013

          Hi Azita,

          Thank you for your sweet e-mail. I am still going to participate, but not for extended periods. I feel that things are starting to mellow out anyway- not much anyone can do about the new format. It is very hard to explain to someone else what I feel when they don't experience the same thing. The technical term is psychometry, which in my case isn't limited to touch. And it isn't a very "cool" ability- it's usually a pain in the ........

          Yes, you are right, I am very impulsive. I guess I wasn't born with a "tact" gene. :-) I don't know how Sarah and Jon have put up with me for as long as they have.

          Metta,

          James

          p.s. I also get very irritated when someone tells me to "hang in there". The whole world is on fire with ignorance and suffering and they want me to "hang in there". Please!! They might mean well but they are just fooling themselves.