RE: RE: RE: e-notes from Saigon 10 - qu from Lukas

  • Lukas
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 10 11:44 PM
      Hello,
      You can always send a message to dsg and also add another recepient in your email to the peron you reply, than one can see messages faster

      Lukas
    • Lukas
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 11 5:18 AM
        Hello every one,
        Upanissaya gocara, arakkha gocara, upanibhandha gocara.

        I recommend if anyone interest to google it or search DSG. This 3 Ajahn Sujin used while in Poland. This is connected to arammanupanisayapaccaya. The object that conditions accumulation of a particular tendencies. For example one likes coke, thus clinging and liking of coke accumulates more and more.

        Also there are particular objects for particular person for right understanding, by conditions. By aramman upanissaya paccaya.

        For example when one sees angry person or brutal person thus metta can arise since this is accyumulated before. To understand such akusala of others.

        Upanissay gocara, arakkha gocara and upanibbanda gocara. Gocara , an abject. This is how panna develops.

        First anything must be understood. Any object that comes. Than the particular object are accumulate.like listening to dhamma untill they become protection. Cita becomes kusala with that particular object more and more. This protects. Untill this is upanibbanda, satipattha arises.

        Best wishes
        Lukas
      • epsteinrob
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 14 4:06 PM

           Hi pt.

          --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, <dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          ...when I finished typing my reply, before doing anything else, I hit CtrlA (Select All) and then CtrlC (Copy). In this way everything you just typed is copied to the clipboard, so if there's any problems with the posting process, the whole Reply can be retrieved from your clipboard and thus save you a lot of time and frustration.

          RE:  Thanks, that is a good idea.  I've done that before, but apparently not at the right time in this case.

          Best,
          Rob E.

          - - - - - - - - -
        • epsteinrob
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 14 4:20 PM
            Hi Sarah.

            --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, <dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

             Dear Rob E,

            I just wrote a message suggesting everyone should be careful to:

            a) click 'send' and not 'reply' to post the message after writing it

            b), copy it until it appears on list.

            Hope you can write it again...thx for your patience!

            RE: Thanks for your encouragement.  I'm still trying to recover from the loss of my message and this new format.  It's giving me a bit of a nervous breakdown.  I promise I will reconstruct my message and send it again.  The topic is too important to let my personal mental state get in the way.  :-)

            BTW, it's not a very appropriate thing to say, but I'd just like to add that I hate yahoo.  :-)

            Best,
            Rob E.

            = = = = = = = = = = = =
          • sarahprocterabbott
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 21 11:06 PM

              Hi Rob E,

              >S: I just wrote a message suggesting everyone should be careful to:

              a) click 'send' and not 'reply' to post the message after writing it

              b), copy it until it appears on list.

              >RE: Thanks for your encouragement.  I'm still trying to recover from the loss of my message and this new format.  It's giving me a bit of a nervous breakdown.  I promise I will reconstruct my message and send it again.  The topic is too important to let my personal mental state get in the way.  :-)
              ....'
              S: Glad to hear it. It has been a difficult adjustment for all of us.
              >BTW, it's not a very appropriate thing to say, but I'd just like to add that I hate yahoo.  :-)
              S: Well, please help by giving votes to Pt's link and adding a comment.

              I really, really appreciate Pt's very constructive, helpful, couteous approach to any difficulties like these ones. As he says, yahoo is listening, but takes time to get the message through.

              If you are anyone except Nina (!! No disrespect intended:-)) - please use any votes you have in any accounts to support Pt's latest link.

              =======
            • sarahprocterabbott
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 22 11:21 PM

                Hi Lukas, Phil & all,

                >Upanissaya gocara, arakkha gocara, upanibhandha gocara.
                S: Gocara means object or 'pasture'. In the Satipatthana Sutta, we read about gocara sampajanna - the 'resort' or object of satipatthana.

                Upanissaya means decisive support, so upanissaya gocara is the object which is 'decisive support' for kusala or akusala.

                If it's the object, the reality, experienced by right understanding, it leads to all kinds of kusala with understanding, which are a 'protection' from akusala. This is the meaning of arakkha gocara. Arakkha means 'protection'.

                Finally, through the development of right intellectual understanding of reality (upanissaya gocara) and the development of all kinds of kusala with understanding, it leads to upanibhandha gocara, the direct understanding of realities.
                >This is connected to arammanupanisayapaccaya. The object that conditions accumulation of a particular tendencies. For example one likes coke, thus clinging and liking of coke accumulates more and more.
                S: Yes, visible object or taste can be arammanupanissaya paccaya (object which is decisive support for citta to arise). They can also be the arammana for understanding to arise.

                The Buddha's gocara are the objects which can be directly understood, i.e. realities. Gocara only refer to realities whereas arammana as experienced by cittas can be realities or concepts.
                >Also there are particular objects for particular person for right understanding, by conditions. By aramman upanissaya paccaya.

                For example when one sees angry person or brutal person thus metta can arise since this is accyumulated before. To understand such akusala of others.
                S: We see how understanding leads to being the 'understanding person', leads to more metta.
                It's useless to try to know what are the arammanupanissaya paccaya, otherwise more clinging to 'me' and 'my suitable objects' instead of just understanding the reality which appears now. No need to label it or give it a term at all.
                >Upanissay gocara, arakkha gocara and upanibbanda gocara. Gocara , an abject. This is how panna develops.

                >First anything must be understood.
                S: First, wise consideration of what is reality now: seeing now, visible object now, thinking now. Not 'self' that considers or tries to understand anything. Just dhammas arising and falling away. Such wise consideration is just for dispelling the idea of any self to be found anywhere.
                >Any object that comes. Than the particular object are accumulate.like listening to dhamma untill they become protection.
                S: It is the understanding of the object that accumulates, not the object. Understanding which leads to all kinds of kusala - dana, sila, metta, samatha with understanding. A protection from akusala.
                >Cita becomes kusala with that particular object more and more. This protects. Untill this is upanibbanda, satipattha arises.

                S: Yes, well said. No expectation, no trying, no wishing, just beginning to understand what is meant by 'living alone' now with seeing or hearing or whatever appears.

                Thanks for your reflections and sharing, Lukas.

                p.s. glad to hear the work is going well.