RE: Re: Voting

  • kenhowardau
    Message 1 of 91 , Sep 1, 2013
      Hi Sarah, Thanks for the voting suggestions, I have  followed them  except for the 'reply in context' one. If you click on the three dots in the reply box the message to which you are replying appears as it did before  - in the good old days! (Although it doesn't put ">" at the beginning of each line.) I notice other members have been able to post messages with line and paragraph breaks intact, whereas my messages have appeared in a continuous stream. So this is a test to see if that has been fixed. Ken H --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, <sarahprocterabbott@...> wrote: Dear All,
      KH: snip
    • buddhatrue
      Message 91 of 91 , Oct 20, 2013

         Hi Phil,

         Thanks for the typically warm-hearted and sweet message. ^_^

        James: Really? You are ruining my rep as a homosexualist, hippy nazi! Don't say that. :-))

         I will stick to my policy of discussing Dhamma only with people who appreciate Abhidhamma. (at least online

        James: Okay, I can understand this differentiation. What is done online is not like what is done in real life.

         , if you visit Japan that's a different story! hope you do, Tokyo is not radioactive. Do you think the government can stop people from using geiger counters?)

        James: Hehe...you sound like Sebastian. Of course right now Japan is not radioactive but I am worried about the moment when the whole thing blows up sky high!! Japan is now in a pre-Chernobyl situation...X3. I don't want Sebastian and I to be there if they mistakenly drop a rod and start a nuclear chain reaction! I know, I am a little paranoid. But that healthy paranoia has served me very well up to this point. :-))

          As for Power of Now it's a great self-help book and I'm interested in the yoga aspect of working with energies in the body. But it. has nothing to do with Dhamma.

        James: What?? That book has absolutely nothing to do with working with energies in the body and it isn't "yoga". I read that book from front to back cover! It has nothing to do with Yoga of any sort! It is all about instant enlightenment. It has more to do with the Japan style of Satori and instant enlightenment. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Three Pillars of Yoga! Phil, do you even know what Yoga means? Yoga is a lifestyle(based on the Hindi religion), NOT a moment or momentary.

          And there's no reason to think that he is enlightened. He talks about higher states of consciousness but in fact it's just ki/chi that he is in fact encouraging attachment to - nothing liberating about it.

        James: Oh geez, you need to read his book again. That isn't at all what he describes. Yes, he describes the Energy Body but that isn't because he is recommending the cultivation of chi. He is just describing instant enlightenment. And what he describes; and what the Buddha described; and what Zen Masters described is all the same....it has to do with energy. Consciousness is a type of energy... it all fits together.

          But it's good for short term energy and pleasant mental states.

        James: The Buddha's path is good in the beginning, good in the middle, and good in the end. That means it is all about pleasant mental states!! If anyone tells you that suffering is part of the Buddha's path, they are liars! It is all supposed to be pleasant or it is just more MARA.

         Hi to Sebastian. ^_^

        James: Thank you! I hope you get to meet him someday. He is really my amazing sweetheart! Best wishes to you and Naomi. I really miss you both.

         Over and out for now.Phil

        Metta,
        James