Re: Saturday, English discussion, live. part 1.

  • philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2013
      Dear Nina, group

      I join Ann in thanking you for the transcriptions(I added them to tge growng collection in the files section.)

      I chose one section:

      T.A.: Everyone knows that there are many people now, but what is real? What is
      real in the absolute sense? Everyone sees, but what is seen is not known.
      Thinking follows upon the seeing.

      The Buddha taught about all realities as they are. We like to understand what is
      taken for people and things. What was born? Everyone can say: a dog, a cat, a
      human. Is this table born? No. But a human being is born. Why do we say that?

      For everyone realities arise and fall away in splitseconds. But it is unknown.
      The Buddha had attained enlightenment and knew everything as it is. Because of
      thinking of shape and form there is the idea of people. Without absolute
      realities there is nothing. We think that "we see and hear. Seeing is only a
      reality that has conditions to arise. Seeing is not hearing or thinking. Seeing
      only sees visible object. It cannot arise at the same time as hearing. Is there
      I or a self who sees, hears or thinks? There are only different realities that
      are conditioned. Sound is a reality; when it appears it can be studied. Studying
      Dhamma is not reading from page to page. It is time to study realities when they
      appear, they are not just in the book. It is not theoretical understanding,
      there has to be understanding of this very moment.

      (End of pasage)

      Phil