Re: [dsg] Re: Off to Canada

    Message 1 of 339 , Aug 4, 2013
      Op 4 aug 2013, om 09:52 heeft philip het volgende geschreven:

      > And patience as a reality is a moment of virya performing its function. Nina, Htoo or other Abhidhamma experts, correct me, if I got that wrong.
      ------
      N: We discussed this before. Patience, like some of the other perfections, is not a specific cetasika, but as you say, when there is patience, viriya performs its function.

    • ptaus1
      Message 339 of 339 , Oct 20, 2013
        Hi Jon,

        > J:  I think that's pretty much how the discussion went.  Not sure if I used the word 'survival', but if I did I think I would now prefer to say 'means of subsistence'.

        p: Yes, I think "survival" was my rendering of what you had said, which was probably "means of subsistence".

        > J: Just to supplement a little, I remember it being explained that for a monk, his livelihood is the going on his alms round.
        p: Yes, that makes sense.

        Best wishes
        pt